The belt pouches on Zpacks are one of the many selling points for their products. They are roomy, easy to access and are superior to that offered on any other pack I've used!
Be prepared for whatever the trail may bring by keeping your essentials close in hand with our belt pouches. These pouches clip securely to a padded belt, like on our Arc backpacks. There is plenty of space for a headlamp, folded maps, snacks, hat and gloves, gadgets, you name it.
If your backpack has a webbing belt, try Belt Pouches with Pads.
- Each pouch has about 1 full liter of volume.
- The Ultra 200 and Hybrid DCF versions have taped seams. All versions have a water resistant zipper to keep most water out. You may still want to line it with a zip lock as a precaution for electronics.
- The zipper is reinforced with rigid material allowing it to be operated with one hand.
- The fabric can withstand the abuse of being dragged on the ground each time you set your pack down.
- These clip to your pack's belt at each side with Loop Toggles for a secure hold. The center of the pouch is held steady by a band of elastic. These are made to fit our backpacks. They may also fit other backpack belts which have a daisy chain or attachment points to clip them.
- The pouches are symmetrical and can be attached to the left or right side of your belt.
- All Zpacks gear has a two year limited warranty against defects in materials or workmanship. Please see our return / warranty policy.
- Made in the USA.
Dimensions: About 6" wide, by 2.25" deep, by 5" tall (15cm wide x 5.7cm deep x 13 cm tall).
Volume: About 60 cubic inches (1 Liter)
Made with Bio-Based Dyneema® Fiber
Reduce your carbon footprint with DSM’s bio-based Dyneema® fiber technology. Sourced from renewable, bio-based feedstock, it is the first ever bio-based ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene (HMPE) fiber. Commit to sustainability and help reduce our reliance on fossil fuel resources and rely on the trusted performance of the world’s strongest fiber™. Click here to learn more about our sustainability initiatives.
Made in the USA.
3.5 oz/sqyd Ultra 200
Ultra 200 is composed of a woven 200 denier Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMWPE) face fabric laminated to a waterproof lining. It is inherently waterproof and has extremely high tear and abrasion resistance. This is the strongest fabric we carry.
Our Repair Tape and Adhesive products stick extremely well to the interior of this fabric.
Tear Strength: 103 lbs. warp; 133 lbs. fill
Water Resistance: >20,000 mmH₂O
Our backpack's padded belt is about 4" (10 cm) tall by 3/8" (1 cm) thick. The elastic on the back of these pouches is sized just right for our padded belts. If your pack's belt padding is too big, you don't have to use the elastic. Clip the sides in place and use a safety pin at the center if desired to keep it snug.
If your backpack has a webbing belt, our Belt Pouches with Pads are made to slide on to a 1" (1.5 cm) or smaller webbing belt.
- belt pouches
- Arc Blast
Weak link to the belt
After using the Zpack ultra for about 7 days on the Colorado trail one of the pockets came loose after the seam of the rear attachement strap to the belt didn't hold anymore. The same happened to the second pocket a few days later! Conclusion: the seam that attach the strap to the pocket is too weak!!!
Great product! Great Company!
I highly recommend ZPACKS gear. Made here in the USA and the best products and customer service in the outdoor business!!!
Perfect belt pouch
Easy to secure, easy to take off. The internal volume is great. I fit my first aid kit, Zoleo and nuun bottle in it just fine. It was put in the rain and everything stayed completely dry. Perfect addition to your pack system.
Useful for small items
The belt pouches were great on a 4-day hike for holding my pocket binoculars, small camera, folded-up daypack etc.Didn't get a chance to test them in serious rain but they seem well-made. When also using the shoulder-strap pouches, you can't see the belt pouches so you're using them by feel rather than sight.
These are great pouches, but the elastic straps that connect to the waist belt do not hold up well. I think they should be velcro, or at a least stronger material.