This versatile four-in-one backpack accessory is one of our most popular items. The ability to choose between four different configurations helps make the Multi-Pack the perfect companion for just about any adventure.
Need a spare set of Multi-Pack straps? Click here.
Check out more of our Backpack Add-Ons.
- Clip it to the top of your pack as a lid / brain.
- Hang it from your shoulder straps as a chest pack for a large camera, or for carrying water to counterbalance your backpack. Two 1 Quart / 946 ml Powerade bottles or Nalgene bottles are a perfect fit.
- Clip the detachable belt to the center attachments and carry it as a Fanny Pack / Belt Pack. Carry a one quart bottle plus a small jacket and snacks at your waist for day hikes.
- Clip the detachable belt to the top corners and carry it over your shoulder as a satchel. Good for hauling few liters of water back to camp from a water source, or for carrying accessories when traveling or around town.
- Adjustable and removable.
- Compatible with most backpacks, including all new Zpacks backpacks.
- Available in tough 2.92 oz/sqyd Dyneema Composite Fabric (DCF) like our Arc Blast backpacks or in 4.8 oz/sqyd Gridstop like our Arc Haul backpacks.
- It has a water resistant zipper, and taped seams to keep most water out. (Line it with a 1 gallon zip lock as a precaution if carrying electronics.)
- Internal loop for clipping keys / wallet securely in place with a carabiner.
- Six attachment points with side release buckles for accommodating all the different carry modes.
- All straps are detachable when not in use.
- Extra straps are available to quickly switch the multi-pack between backpacks.
- This will fit many DSLR Cameras and a small lens or two. (Consider taping in your own padding if necessary as the pouch is not rigid so it will conform to odd sized cameras.)
- All Zpacks gear has a two year limited warranty against defects in materials or workmanship. Please see our return / warranty policy.
- Made in the USA.
Roughly 9" wide x 8" tall x 3" deep (23cm x 20cm x 7.5 cm)
About 3.5 liters / 215 cubic inches.
Main Compartment: DCF 1.3 oz / 37 g | Gridstop 1.6 oz / 45.5 g
2x Top attachment Straps (lid and chest mode): .35 oz / 10 g
Detachable Belt (fanny pack and satchel mode): .9 oz / 25.5 g
2x extra belt clips (lid mode): .35 oz / 10 g
Total w/ all straps: DCF 2.9 oz / 82 g | Gridstop 3.2 oz / 91 g
I needed somewhere to carry my rain gear to get it quickly. The Multi Pack turned out to be the answer. Easily attached to the outside of the Arc Haul it holds both jacket and pants of my Vertex rain suite.
The missing link I didn't know I needed
I have, use and love (shhh) an ultralight bag from another small American manufacturer, but one thing I've always disliked about it is having to stop, take it off and uncinch the external webbing if I want access to snacks, water or my rainshell in the course of a walk. The Multi-Pack solves this problem elegantly, and it's made my long walks so much more pleasant. It's got plenty of room for a Nalgene 1l, snacks, my headlamp and more besides, it sits comfortably mid-chest, and it doesn't bounce or chafe. I only wish I'd gotten it before my most recent multi-day adventure.
The Multi-Pack allowed me to keep moving
"The Multi-Pack allowed me to keep moving on my first thru-hike. I kept my snacks for the day in it, phone, maps, gloves, hat, and it was also my ditty bag. I didn't need to stop and access my backpack which kept me on schedule. The Multi-Pack is easy to use and stays secure when moving. I also like that I can use it as a belt pack or satchel for day hikes."
I have just ordered my second multipack
"I have just ordered my second multipack. The first one finally wore out from use. I wear it around my waist and it holds all my snacks for the day, guidebook, phone, etc. I do not have pockets on the waist belt of my Arc Zip pack and the multipack serves the same way they would. An additional plus for me has been I do not get food on or in my pack and have never been bothered with mice chewing my pack. I used my old multipack for three years and a thru hike of the AT. So pleased with this product."
The multi-pack was super useful.
"I have just completed a Colorado Trail thru-hike. The multi-pack was super useful. It held guidebook, phone, camera, snacks, glasses etc etc. Having them on my chest meant they were easy to access and did not interfere with my pack's hip-belt as they would have if they had been distributed in my shorts pockets. Taking the pack on and off did take a little longer with the extra straps to clip on, but a very minor negative to the huge positive of having the pack in the first place. I highly recommend it."