This item is super. It is very light weight and keeps my pack dry. I am glad I purchased it with my Arc Haul 62L.
Protect your backpack from pouring rain and muddy ground with our Pack Cover. Our pack cover is an ultralight option to keep your backpack dry, including the outside pockets. It includes an elastic clip to secure it from storm winds.
Consider a Pack Liner as an alternative, if you don't mind your outer pockets getting wet.
- Constructed from Spruce Green .75 oz/sqyd Dyneema® Composite Fabric.
- 100% waterproof, seamless design.
- A 1/16" shock cord drawstring cinches tight around your pack. The shock cord has a clip on it to secure under your shoulder straps or through your haul loop so that the pack cover can't blow away.
- The pack cover also has loops at the lower corners. In high wind they can be clipped to your pack's belt with small carabiners (not included). They normally aren't necessary.
- The covers are sized to fit the specified backpacks at maximum capacity, however they may not fit if bulky items are strapped to the outside of the pack. Size up if in doubt.
- A 2.5" x 2.5" (6.5 x 6.5 cm) stuff sack is included in the price and weight.
- All Zpacks gear has a two year limited warranty against defects in materials or workmanship. Please see our return / warranty policy.
- Made in the USA.
Medium: Fits up to 55L
Large: Fits up to 70L
Made with Bio-Based Dyneema® Fiber
Reduce your carbon footprint with DSM’s bio-based Dyneema® fiber technology. Sourced from renewable, bio-based feedstock, it is the first ever bio-based ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene (HMPE) fiber. Commit to sustainability and help reduce our reliance on fossil fuel resources and rely on the trusted performance of the world’s strongest fiber™. Click here to learn more about our sustainability initiatives.
Made in the USA.
- backpack cover
I am thru hiking the 1344 mile Croatian Long Distance Trail with all zpacks gear. It has rained everyday but I stay dry. The light gear means we do 20 miles a day. Nice stuff Zpacks
Thankful for a dry backpack during heavy rains
I’m so glad I decided to purchase the backpack cover as I encountered a lot of rain on my recent John Muir Trail through hike. Even though my Zpacks backpack is waterproof it gave me the extras assurance that all my stuff would stay dry and it did.
What does this company think “large” means?
I just did the JMT. The general consensus between hikers is that the trusty big black trash bag protects better than anything else. My backpack was fully loaded, with stuff on the sides, hello ! I was doing a long trip ! Unfortunately I encountered a lot of rain during my JMT and this pack cover, even though, is large, only covers the front and one side of the backpack when fully loaded. Are you kidding me? Who tested his product without a fully loaded pack? Compromising security or safety for light weightiness is not a good choice.
Hello Camilo, Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry you had an issue with the coverage of your pack. If possible, could you send us a photo of your pack the next time you have it packed up? If you have a bear canister or a sleeping pad on the outside along with the outer pockets full, there is a chance the cover will not cover everything.
Functional, light, pricey
Can’t get any lighter than this. Does not compromise function. May be a tight fit if you have stuff attached to outside of pack.
Yes like your products. Light weight and durable for it being as light as it is and priced reasonable. My camping is just moderate weather so this works great. Not saying it would not hold up to severe but this is not my camping. Love the company and it’s products.