This is one of those items that goes unnoticed when working properly. After a couple of long trail days I am happy to report it works as advertised. It’s worth the money. The thing I like most about it is it’s thick enough to shine under heavy load while remaining thin enough to go unnoticed on a light carry. It adds versatility to an already great pack. I don’t have any thoughts on how this could be improved currently.
Our Arc backpacks include a full-wrap padded belt. If you need a little extra padding in the lumbar area our detachable lumbar pad can double up the existing padding. The lumbar pad slides on and off the Arc belt as needed.
These are NOT compatible with our Nero Backpack.
- Constructed with comfortable 3D Mesh against your back, Ultra 200 fabric against the existing belt, and 3/8" closed cell foam in the middle.
- The pad slides on or off your existing belt and is held in place by two bands on the back. It is also tied in place at the bottom center so that it can't ride up or down.
- Sized to fit our 4” (10 cm) tall padded belts. It will also fit all older Zpacks padded belts and may fit similar sized belts on other backpacks.
- This reduces the circumference of your padded belt by about an inch.
- This option can be added later if you find you want it in the future.
- All Zpacks gear has a two year limited warranty against defects in materials or workmanship. Please see our return / warranty policy.
- Made in the USA.
Dimensions: 11.5" wide by 4" tall (29 cm x 10 xm x 1 cm) with 3/8" closed cell foam and 3D mesh padding.
3.5 oz/sqyd Ultra 200
Ultra 200 is composed of a woven 200 denier Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMWPE) face fabric laminated to a waterproof lining. It is inherently waterproof and has extremely high tear and abrasion resistance. This is the strongest fabric we carry.
Our Repair Tape and Adhesive products stick extremely well to the interior of this fabric.
Tear Strength: 103 lbs. warp; 133 lbs. fill
Water Resistance: >20,000 mmH₂O
5.3 oz/sqyd 3D Spacer Mesh
This mesh has a three dimensional structure which allows airflow and adds cushioning. It has a tricot backing so you can't see clear through the holes. We use it on the underside of our backpack's shoulder straps and belts to absorb sweat, add cushion, and add grip. Our 3D mesh weighs less than most other types.
Weight: 5.3 oz/sqyd (180 g/m²)
Thickness: About 3/32" (2.5 mm)
- lumbar pad
- Arc Haul
For me, it added a lot of comfort to the pack. It is very stable and stays in place. Well worth the money.
Much more comfortable!
I have 80 miles logged with the lumbar pad, and there is a noticeable comfort difference using it. I was definitely struggling with the hip belt on my Zpacks Arc Air. This completely fixed that problem and made the Arc Air my favorite pack to date!
The lumber pad works great. 8t gives me some extra room and helps to position the pack better on my hips.
After my first trip with the z-packs i noticed the belt wore on me a little so i got this lumbar, love it.. seems to be far better on the two trips since.. love it.