Our Arc backpacks include a full-wrap padded belt. If you need a little extra padding in the lumbar area our detachable lumbar pad can double up the existing padding. The lumbar pad slides on and off the Arc belt as needed.
These are NOT compatible with our Nero Backpack.
- Constructed with comfortable 3D Mesh against your back, 3.1 oz/sqyd Dyneema® Composite Fabric against the existing belt, and 3/8" closed cell foam in the middle.
- The pad slides on or off your existing belt and is held in place by two bands on the back. It is also tied in place at the bottom center so that it can't ride up or down.
- Sized to fit our 4” (10 cm) tall padded belts. It will also fit all older Zpacks padded belts and may fit similar sized belts on other backpacks.
- This reduces the circumference of your padded belt by about an inch.
- This option can be added later if you find you want it in the future.
- All Zpacks gear has a two year limited warranty against defects in materials or workmanship. Please see our return / warranty policy.
- Made in the USA.
Dimensions: 11.5" wide by 4" tall (29 cm x 10 xm x 1 cm) with 3/8" closed cell foam and 3D mesh padding.
5.3 oz/sqyd 3D Spacer Mesh
This mesh has a three dimensional structure which allows airflow and adds cushioning. It has a tricot backing so you can't see clear through the holes. We use it on the underside of our backpack's shoulder straps and belts to absorb sweat, add cushion, and add grip. Our 3D mesh weighs less than most other types.
Weight: 5.3 oz/sqyd (180 g/m²)
Thickness: About 3/32" (2.5 mm)
- lumbar pad
- Arc Haul
The lumbar pad really added extra comfort on my first use of my new arc haul pack. I am glad that I added it to the pack
This is one of those items that goes unnoticed when working properly. After a couple of long trail days I am happy to report it works as advertised. It’s worth the money. The thing I like most about it is it’s thick enough to shine under heavy load while remaining thin enough to go unnoticed on a light carry. It adds versatility to a already great pack. I don’t have any thoughts on how this could be improved currently.
At 61 I need all the help I can get. It makes sense. Now the pack - supreme! I even started with the wrong size, too small, and already it was better than anything I've ever owned. I think the frame is what make it so special, especially for older bodies.
I haven't had a chance to use it yet. I'm sure it will be great.
10/10 fit, quality, design, and build. Fantastic product.