Our Arc backpacks include a full-wrap padded belt. If you need a little extra padding in the lumbar area our detachable lumbar pad can double up the existing padding. The lumbar pad slides on and off the Arc belt as needed.
These are NOT compatible with our Nero Backpack.
- Constructed with comfortable 3D Mesh against your back, 3.1 oz/sqyd Dyneema® Composite Fabric against the existing belt, and 3/8" closed cell foam in the middle.
- The pad slides on or off your existing belt and is held in place by two bands on the back. It is also tied in place at the bottom center so that it can't ride up or down.
- Sized to fit our 4” (10 cm) tall padded belts. It will also fit all older Zpacks padded belts and may fit similar sized belts on other backpacks.
- This reduces the circumference of your padded belt by about an inch.
- This option can be added later if you find you want it in the future.
- All Zpacks gear has a two year limited warranty against defects in materials or workmanship. Please see our return / warranty policy.
- Made in the USA.
Dimensions: 11.5" wide by 4" tall (29 cm x 10 xm x 1 cm) with 3/8" closed cell foam and 3D mesh padding.
5.3 oz/sqyd 3D Spacer Mesh
This mesh has a three dimensional structure which allows airflow and adds cushioning. It has a tricot backing so you can't see clear through the holes. We use it on the underside of our backpack's shoulder straps and belts to absorb sweat, add cushion, and add grip. Our 3D mesh weighs less than most other types.
Weight: 5.3 oz/sqyd (180 g/m²)
Thickness: About 3/32" (2.5 mm)
- Arc Haul
- Arc Haul Zip
This is my second ZPacks Backpack: I have the Arch Haul but the times that I have hiked Isle Royale National resulted in putting holes in the mesh pocket, that shouldn't be a problem with the Zip. Also, I like the idea of opening up the front of the pack to have all my gear organized to remove when needed.
Increase comfort and easy to install.
Beyond stoked to add some comfort to my Arc Blast. The Arc Blast is amazing the way it is designed. I just wanted a little extra padding when I have a heavier base weight during longer hikes.
Everything is very well, but the waterproof tape inside backpack is with poor adhesion and sticking wasn't perfect.
I used my Arc Haul 62 last season on the AT and found it a great improvement over my Gregory Baltoro 65 except for one thing. That was the comfort of the waist belt. My Gregory was very heavy but also very comfortable. The belt in my Arc Haul didn’t feel padded enough to be fully comfortable. I asked Santa for the Lumbar Pad accessory for Christmas and it’s a big improvement. It was quick and easy to install and it provides the additional comfort I was hoping for. My suggestion is just get one when you order your pack so it ships for free along with the pack. Steve Mc, Fredericksburg, VA