Bear Bagging Kit
Keep your food safe from bears, rodents, and other woodland creatures with our ultralight Bear Bagging Kit. Featuring one of our Food Bags, a Rock Sack and 50ft of 2.0mm Z-Line Slick Cord, our Bear Bagging kit is everything you need to make sure your food is safe while you sleep.
*The color of the provided Rock Sack is random and may be any of the Dyneema® Composite Fabric colors we have in stock.*
- Constructed from 1.6 oz/sqyd Dyneema® Composite Fabric. By comparison our regular Dry Bags are made from thinner 1.0 oz/sqyd material.
- Easily stands up to the abuse of bear bagging heavy loads or pointy food items.
- A Carabiner is included with one of our Food Bags for hanging the bag from the roll top!
- The Large size will typically fit up to 5-6 days of food and the Big 3-4 Days.
- Fully taped seams. Our food bags will keep water out in typical backpacking conditions where the bag is not submerged.
- The top of the bags seal with stiff velcro to make closing and rolling the top easy! Air can escape from the rolled velcro, allowing these to squish flatter in your backpack as more gear is piled on top.
- Our Dyneema® Z-Line slick cord glides over branches better than lines with a polyester sheath.
- 50 feet is more than you need - extra is included in case you get it snagged or need some for other uses.
- We chose our thicker 2 mm line because it is easier to handle and less prone to tangling than thinner bear lines.
- The gray color line is harder for bears and other animals to find and chew through.
- A rock sack makes bear bagging easier. Just put in a rock, pebbles, or sand, tie on your cord, and toss it up over a branch.
- The material is even slightly rodent resistant as persistent rodents usually give up before causing major damage to the bag.
- For other storage options that will protect your gear from moisture, check out our Dry Bags collection.
- All Zpacks gear has a two year limited warranty against defects in materials or workmanship. Please see our return / warranty policy.
- Made in the USA.
The Kit includes:
Large Roll Top Food Bag - 1.5 ounces (43 grams)
or Big Roll Top Food Bag - 1.2 oz (34 grams)
50 feet of 2 mm Z-Line Slick cord: 1.7 ounces (48 grams)
Rock Sack: .1 ounce (2.8 grams)
Mini Carabiner: .1 ounce (2.8 grams)
Total Weight of all components:
Large: 3.4 ounces (96 grams) or Big: 3.1 ounces (87 grams)
Flat Dimensions: 17" wide x 19.5" tall (43 cm x 50 cm)
Full Dimensions: 11" wide by 6" deep by 13" tall (28 cm x 15 cm x 33 cm)
Volume: 850 cubic inches / 14 Liters
Days of Food: Up to 5-6
Flat Dimensions: 12.25" wide x 19.5" tall (31 cm x 49.5 cm)
Full Dimensions: roughly 8" diameter by 13" tall (20.3 cm x 33 cm)
Volume: 650 cubic inches / 10.7 Liters
Days of Food: Up to 3-4
Made with Bio-Based Dyneema® Fiber
Reduce your carbon footprint with DSM’s bio-based Dyneema® fiber technology. Sourced from renewable, bio-based feedstock, it is the first ever bio-based ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene (HMPE) fiber. Commit to sustainability and help reduce our reliance on fossil fuel resources and rely on the trusted performance of the world’s strongest fiber™. Click here to learn more about our sustainability initiatives.
Made in the USA.
- bear bag
- stuff sack
I liked this kit so much that this is my second one, after I gave the first one to a son.
I am 100% satisfied with the bear kit.
Black color came off rope.
Amazing product. As always zpack is top of the line. I only use it for food and not as a bear bag. I live in sweden so we dont really have problems with bear stealing your food.
I like the kit, however I wish it was more of a box vs a stuff sack. I purchased this to replace my SWD lunch box. Just doesn’t organize as I’d like it to. That said, the overall quality of the bear bag is superb. I did a small rafting trip and had my dry day gear in the bear bag. And in a mesh drawstring bag, hanging off the side of the raft. It seen momentary submersion, and lots of spray and splash. Everything inside was bone dry. Overall the quality and functionality is stupendous. Just didn’t fit how I’d hoped in my pack. So, it got demoted to my sleeping bag stuff sack. Which was a huge upgrade from my previous stuff sack.