Bear Bagging Kit
Need a reliable way to keep your food safe from bears and other woodland creatures? Our kit provides the ultimate bear bagging combo at the lowest weight. This kit includes our Large Food Bag with a carabiner,Rock Sack and 50ft of2.0mm Z-Line Slick Cord; everything you need to ensure your food is safe while you sleep.
- Constructed from 1.43 oz/sqyd Dyneema Composite Fabric. By comparison our regular Dry Bags are made from thinner 1.0 oz/sqyd material.
- Easily stands up to the abuse of bear bagging heavy loads or pointy food items.
- A Carabiner is included with the Large Food Bag for hanging the bag from the roll top!
- The rectangular shape has a wider opening so that you can find your food items easier. It also fits well standing upright or sideways in our packs.
- This size will typically fit up to 5-6 days of food.
- Fully taped seams. Our food bags will keep water out in typical backpacking conditions where the bag is not submerged.
- The top of the bags seal with stiff velcro to make closing and rolling the top easy! Air can escape from the rolled velcro, allowing these to squish flatter in your backpack as more gear is piled on top.
- Our Dyneema Z-Line slick cord glides over branches better than lines with a polyester sheath.
- 50 feet is more than you need - extra is included in case you get it snagged or need some for other uses.
- We chose our thicker 2 mm line because it is easier to handle and less prone to tangling than thinner bear lines.
- The gray color line is harder for bears and other animals to find and chew through.
- A rock sack makes bear bagging easier. Just put in a rock, pebbles, or sand, tie on your cord, and toss it up over a branch.
- The material is even slightly rodent resistant as persistent rodents usually give up before causing major damage to the bag.
- For other storage options that will protect your gear from moisture, check out our Dry Bags collection.
- All Zpacks gear has a two year limited warranty against defects in materials or workmanship. Please see our return / warranty policy.
- Made in the USA.
The Kit includes:
Large Roll Top Food Bag - 1.5 ounces (43 grams)
50 feet of 2 mm Z-Line Slick cord - 1.7 ounces (48 grams)
Rock Sack: .1 ounce (2.8 grams)
Mini Carabiner: .1 ounce (2.8 grams)
Total Weight of all components:
3.4 ounces (96 grams)
Flat Dimensions: 17" wide x 19.5" tall (43 cm x 50 cm)
Full Dimensions: 11" wide by 6" deep by 13" tall (28 cm x 15 cm x 33 cm)
Volume: 850 cubic inches / 14 Liters
- bear bag
Practical Food hanging Bag
Really strong and practical
Haven’t used yet
Haven’t used yet
Bear Bagging Kit Review
Great item, nice and large to hold plenty of food and other items with odors that would attract a bear or other pest to the campsite. The rock bag is a good size to weigh down with stones or other item that has some weight to get your line over a branch. Always get great products from Zpacks.
Great product. Great company. Saving up for my tent. Love this company.
Great bear bagging kit
My wife purchased an osprey dry bag for her food and I purchased this bear bagging kit. She said she was jealous of the zpacks one I purchased. This kit did a good job for our backpacking trip of the ice age trail. I would recommend this for anyone considering purchasing this bear bagging kit. Thank you everyone at zpacks!