Bear Bagging Kit
Need a reliable way to keep your food safe from bears and other woodland creatures? Our kit provides the ultimate bear bagging combo at the lowest weight. This kit includes our Large Food Bag with a carabiner,Rock Sack and 50ft of2.0mm Z-Line Slick Cord; everything you need to ensure your food is safe while you sleep.
- Constructed from 1.43 oz/sqyd Dyneema Composite Fabric. By comparison our regular Dry Bags are made from thinner 1.0 oz/sqyd material.
- Easily stands up to the abuse of bear bagging heavy loads or pointy food items.
- A Carabiner is included with the Large Food Bag for hanging the bag from the roll top!
- The rectangular shape has a wider opening so that you can find your food items easier. It also fits well standing upright or sideways in our packs.
- This size will typically fit up to 5-6 days of food.
- Fully taped seams. Our food bags will keep water out in typical backpacking conditions where the bag is not submerged.
- The top of the bags seal with stiff velcro to make closing and rolling the top easy! Air can escape from the rolled velcro, allowing these to squish flatter in your backpack as more gear is piled on top.
- Our Dyneema Z-Line slick cord glides over branches better than lines with a polyester sheath.
- 50 feet is more than you need - extra is included in case you get it snagged or need some for other uses.
- We chose our thicker 2 mm line because it is easier to handle and less prone to tangling than thinner bear lines.
- The gray color line is harder for bears and other animals to find and chew through.
- A rock sack makes bear bagging easier. Just put in a rock, pebbles, or sand, tie on your cord, and toss it up over a branch.
- The material is even slightly rodent resistant as persistent rodents usually give up before causing major damage to the bag.
- For other storage options that will protect your gear from moisture, check out our Dry Bags collection.
- All Zpacks gear has a two year limited warranty against defects in materials or workmanship. Please see our return / warranty policy.
- Made in the USA.
The Kit includes:
Large Roll Top Food Bag - 1.5 ounces (43 grams)
50 feet of 2 mm Z-Line Slick cord - 1.7 ounces (48 grams)
Rock Sack: .1 ounce (2.8 grams)
Mini Carabiner: .1 ounce (2.8 grams)
Total Weight of all components:
3.4 ounces (96 grams)
Flat Dimensions: 17" wide x 19.5" tall (43 cm x 50 cm)
Full Dimensions: 11" wide by 6" deep by 13" tall (28 cm x 15 cm x 33 cm)
Volume: 850 cubic inches / 14 Liters
- bear bag
Light weight and effective.
I had a sea to summit dry bag and some Amstel line which was way to heavy for what it was and didn’t really fit the Ultra light kit I was trying to achieve. This kit does exactly that. It’s light weight, keeps everything dry and isn’t over manufactured. I did make 1” permanent loops on each end of the line by running it through itself so I didn’t have to tie knots that could get hung up on branches. The included small snap link makes life very easy as well. Great product.
Great design, lightweight and quality
Just bag it.
Zpacks provides the best bags for any backpacking adventure. I use their dry bags, bear bag, and love the pillow bag. They are all supper tough and help me keep everything dry no matter what the conditions.
Bear Bagging Kit- Second Purchase
I love this item. This is my second purchase. The first Bear Bagging Kit was used on a thru hike of the Appalachian Trail in 2017. Though it is still in very good condition, I thought it was time to buy another one due to some minor wear and tear. Great product with unbelievable support from Zpacks on all gear. Also, I own a pack, gloves and sleeping bag from Zpacks!. Great company!
Great Bear Bag
Bag works great and has enough capacity for a week long trip, before the next resupply. When the bag is a full capacity, the small rope seem to cut into the branch when pulling up the bag, but I understand it's the weight issue.