Bear Bagging Kit
Keep your food safe from bears, rodents, and other woodland creatures with our ultralight Bear Bagging Kit. Featuring a Large Food Bag, Rock Sack and 50ft of 2.0mm Z-Line Slick Cord, our Bear Bagging kit is everything you need to make sure your food is safe while you sleep.
- Constructed from 1.6 oz/sqyd Dyneema® Composite Fabric. By comparison our regular Dry Bags are made from thinner 1.0 oz/sqyd material.
- Easily stands up to the abuse of bear bagging heavy loads or pointy food items.
- A Carabiner is included with the Large Food Bag for hanging the bag from the roll top!
- The rectangular shape has a wider opening so that you can find your food items easier. It also fits well standing upright or sideways in our packs.
- This size will typically fit up to 5-6 days of food.
- Fully taped seams. Our food bags will keep water out in typical backpacking conditions where the bag is not submerged.
- The top of the bags seal with stiff velcro to make closing and rolling the top easy! Air can escape from the rolled velcro, allowing these to squish flatter in your backpack as more gear is piled on top.
- Our Dyneema® Z-Line slick cord glides over branches better than lines with a polyester sheath.
- 50 feet is more than you need - extra is included in case you get it snagged or need some for other uses.
- We chose our thicker 2 mm line because it is easier to handle and less prone to tangling than thinner bear lines.
- The gray color line is harder for bears and other animals to find and chew through.
- A rock sack makes bear bagging easier. Just put in a rock, pebbles, or sand, tie on your cord, and toss it up over a branch.
- The material is even slightly rodent resistant as persistent rodents usually give up before causing major damage to the bag.
- For other storage options that will protect your gear from moisture, check out our Dry Bags collection.
- All Zpacks gear has a two year limited warranty against defects in materials or workmanship. Please see our return / warranty policy.
- Made in the USA.
The Kit includes:
Large Roll Top Food Bag - 1.5 ounces (43 grams)
50 feet of 2 mm Z-Line Slick cord - 1.7 ounces (48 grams)
Rock Sack: .1 ounce (2.8 grams)
Mini Carabiner: .1 ounce (2.8 grams)
Total Weight of all components:
3.4 ounces (96 grams)
Flat Dimensions: 17" wide x 19.5" tall (43 cm x 50 cm)
Full Dimensions: 11" wide by 6" deep by 13" tall (28 cm x 15 cm x 33 cm)
Volume: 850 cubic inches / 14 Liters
- bear bag
Works great - good size - easy to use and store
The kit is a breeze to hang on horizontal tree branches...”third through a charm” with the included cordage and rock bag !..I use an Op sack in.the bear bag .allowing me to use the bag to store my down quilt while hiking !...significant weight saving for my pack✌️
The bag was great but the time to ship was not good at all.
Had an issue with the line getting tangled up due to it being so long, but overall a great bag! I love that it comes with a carabiner for multiple hanging options! I also found it to be a really good size for a few days of food.
I'm very happy with this bear bag. I'm able to get 4-5 days of food in it with my smell-ables but it was a stretch. I do wish it was a liter or two bigger.