Arc Haul 62L Backpack
If you want to go the distance with ample space in your gear and confidence in the durability, the Arc Haul is the ultralight backpack for you. This pack has our signature feature - the patented 'Flexed Arc' adjustable frame. This frame creates an air gap between your back and the pack, keeping you cool and providing a super comfortable fit. This fine-tuned innovative design makes the pack a the true workhorse of the Zpacks pack line.
Designed to accommodate a wide variety of modular add-ons, the Arc Haul allows you to dial in your perfect set up.
- Constructed from 4.85 oz/sqyd Gridstop Fabric.
- Roll-top closure (like our dry bags) keeps water out, and lets you roll down the top as your gear load shrinks. All seams and attachment points are taped, making the pack highly water resistant. We still suggest using dry bags for your important items like your sleeping bag.
- Comfy 3/8" thick by 2.5" wide padded contoured shoulder straps and padded belt. Both the straps and the belt have a daisy chain for clipping on items, and an adjustable position sternum strap is also included. The belt and shoulder straps have 3D mesh on the underside. This gives them a little bit more cushion, and the belt also has more texture for better grip.
- Side pockets are sized to fit 1 or 1.5 liter bottles. They are positioned low on the pack and slanted forward for easy access without removing the pack. The pockets have drainage holes at the bottom, and elastic that keeps them tight at the top.
- Large stretchy mesh center pocket is great for quick access items. Mesh also lets you dry wet clothing and gives you a clear view of your gear.
- Side compression straps are made from non-stretchy Dyneema cord for squishing down the pack volume. They also allow you to stand tall items like trekking poles in the side pockets.
- A top strap, and base straps allow you to lash on extra items to the top or base of the pack. The straps come off if you don't need them.
- A centrally located Hydration Port is included to string out a drinking tube over either the left or right shoulder. It is just above/between the shoulder straps and it has a triangular cover to keep out water. A water bladder can either be hung from an internal hang loop or laid horizontally on top of your gear.
- The 62L pack size has enough space for 5-6 days of food and ultralight gear. The pack can be compressed down with the roll top and side compression straps for short trips or use the top strap and base straps to lash extra stuff to the outside for long carries.
- All standard Bear Canisters, including the Bearikade Expedition and the BearVault 500 will fit in the upper half of this pack standing on end. There is enough extra girth to either wrap a foam pad around the canister (if you use one) or stand a medium stuff sack vertically beside the bear canister.
- The short and medium size frames will fit into an airplane overhead bin with the top rolled down to the frame. The tall size frame may not fit unless you pop the vertical frame bars out of the pack.
- Our Flexed Arc Frame is is covered by US Patent No. 9,060,590
- Our torso height adjustment mechanism is is covered by US Patent No. 9,848,687
- All Zpacks gear has a two year limited warranty against defects in materials or workmanship. Please see our return / warranty policy.
- Made in the USA.
- Our ultralight Flexed Arc frame keeps the pack stiff so that most weight is carried on the hips instead of the shoulders. The frame pieces and mesh back panel can be easily removed or replaced.
- The frame is curved to allow air flow and keep your back cushioned from the pack's contents. You can adjust the curve by tensioning the mesh back panel. The recommended arch is about 2.5" (6 cm).
- The belt is attached directly to the bottom of the pack frame for the best load transfer.
- The belt is removable and interchangeable. If you lose weight or need to share the pack between people the belt can be swapped out. Watch the belt removal video here.
- The shoulder straps and load lifter straps are attached directly to the frame. Load lifters straps come standard on this pack.
- The shoulder straps can move up or down to adjust the torso height to a perfect fit using our patented torso adjustment mechanism. It works like a conveyor belt. This is great for sharing the pack between people, for growing teenagers, or for resale.
- The belt provides a full wrap around your back. No need for additional lumbar support.
- The belt is done with "V-Style" webbing so that the top and bottom circumference can be adjusted independently. This helps wrap your hips much more securely, and prevents the belt from sliding down.
- Collectively, these features provide the additional load transfer necessary for loads up to around 40 lbs (18 kg).
Body dimensions: 8" x 12.5" x 30" (20 cm x 31.8 cm x 76 cm)
Volume: 62L (49L main body, 2.5L each side pocket, 8L center pocket)
Frame Height: Short 19" (48.3 cm), Medium 21.5" (54.6 cm), Tall 24" (61 cm)
.3.5 oz/sqyd Mesh
This is the mesh that we use on our backpack's center pockets. It has a relatively light weight for mesh, while being difficult to tear. It can withstand getting caught on branches and other typical abrasion that backpacks are subjected to. The hole size is a about 4 mm (a little over 1/8").
Weight: 3.5 oz/sqyd (119 g/m²)
5.3 oz/sqyd 3D Spacer Mesh
This mesh has a three-dimensional structure which allows airflow and adds cushioning. It has a tricot backing so you can't see clear through the holes. We use it on the underside of our backpack's shoulder straps and belts to absorb sweat, add cushion, and add grip. Our 3D mesh weighs less than most other types.
Weight: 5.3 oz/sqyd (180 g/m²)
Thickness: About 3/32" (2.5 mm)
To measure your torso height, you will need the help of a friend and a string or cloth tape measure.
Most hikers wear their belt near the top of their hips, however, it isn’t uncommon for hikers to position their belt higher or lower.
To ensure you lock in the perfect fit, we suggest putting a belt on over your clothes in the spot where you’d like to belt to ride. Start your measurement at the center of the belt where it meets your spine.
Lower your chin towards your chest. This will cause the C7 vertebrae to protrude at the base of your neck. The C7 vertebrae will mark the top of your torso height measurement.
Using the string or cloth tape measure, follow the curve of your spine up from the center of your belt to your C7 vertebrae. This measurement is your torso height.
To measure your belt size, pull a string or cloth tape measure tight around the spot you’d like your belt to ride. Choose a belt with a minimum adjustment of a couple inches smaller than your actual waist measurement. This will leave room for you to tighten down the belt if you lose a little weight on trail.
The belts on our Arc Series packs are also removable and interchangeable. This will give you the ability to switch the belt out if your waist size changes.
The belt on this pack is removable and interchangeable. It can be swapped out.
- Arc Haul
- bear canisters
So far the bag has just been tested out with an overnighter with roughly 5 miles...wanted to test it before going to the foothills trail among others. No issues and my wife really likes it! Thanks!
Old Dog learning NEW tricks
In 1976 I carried a 60+ lb pack around Baniff and for the last two years I have watched Dixie (Homenade Wonderlust) carry a 30 lb pack around America. Hence, I decided to upgrade to what she has been using - ZPACKs gear. I’ve only opened the packages and tested filling the pack. Wow, so much less weight. The manufacturing quality is definitely visible. The packs comfort is better than I imagined. I’ve ordered all the bells and whistles with the Pack and Duplex Tent. I probably don’t need them all, but what I don’t need easily comes off. Plus, if a future trip requires some attachment it’s on my shelf. My trips now are mostly limited to the BWCAW in northern Minnesota. Usually trips are 5 days or less. With the Arc Haul’s capacity volume is adequate. I am a fan of using bear canisters and if I have one negative it’s not being able to place my Bericade Brazer horizontally inside the top of the pack. The 9” diameter and 12” length won’t squeeze into the 8.5” by 12” opening. A minor peave, but if ZPACKs makes another larger pack, in the future, it would be nice if they would consider dimensions that would fit the light weight bear canisters available. Thank you ZPACKs for some great gear. Sincerely, Albert Bray
The Arc Haul is definitely the best backpack I have ever used. It's very light, very durable and super comfortable even up to 30lb. I have used it every weekend for over a year on backpacking trips and day hikes. The Arc is amazing because of the breathability it gives. I highly recommend this backpack and Zpacks
The only pack I carry for all overnight and day trips moving forward.
"I want to thank Zpacks for the fantastic gear which I have enjoyed using for this summer. My base weight is currently at 18 pounds and I am loving my adventures more than ever. Who knew how much more enjoyable backpacking can be with well-designed lightweight gear?!! I completed a 90 mile trek along the Wind River High Route in Wyoming and also finished another week long trek through the Sawtooths of Idaho. For both trips the gear held up great and was so comfortable/functional. In all my years of backpacking I have purchased a lot of gear. (just ask my wife!) However, I have never owned a backpack that was so comfortable as the Zpacks Arc Haul. It is insanely comfortable on my body for the entire day. I absolutely love it and rave to everyone I meet about how well it transitions from hauling my full gear setup to being compressed down to serve as my day hike back. It will be the only pack I carry for all overnight and day trips moving forward."
The most comfortable pack I have ever owned.
"I have been working on finishing the AZT and my Arc Haul is without a doubt the most comfortable pack I have ever owned. Whenever I run into someone on the trail your pack is always a topic of conversation. I usually start with "I don't work for Zpacks" since I go on and on about what a great pack it is!"