Soto Windmaster Stove w/ Triflex
When a hot meal at night and hot coffee in the morning is more of a need than a want, a reliable canister stove is mandatory. The Soto Windmaster stove is the best in class for ultralight canister style stoves. The burner is recessed allowing it to light easier and continue burning in windy conditions without requiring a separate wind screen. This stove has really great efficiency which helps you heat water faster and consume fuel slower.
This stove includes a FREE ultralight "TriFlex" stand, in addition to the heavier standard "4Flex" stand.
- Watch the Gear Institute Overview Video.
- The pot sits close to the flame, and the flame is protected from the wind. This results in increased efficiency and a faster boil time.
- This stove can boil 2 cups of water in just 2.5 minutes in windy conditions. Other stoves can struggle in the wind.
- A small 100 gram (3.5 ounce) canister can boil a two-cup pot of water 15 times. A standard 230 gram (8 ounce) canister should boil 2 cups of water about 34 times.
- The stove has a regulator to easily adjust from a simmer to a jet engine boil.
- Two pot stands are included. The "Triflex" stand is the one most ultralight backpackers will use. It clips on and off the burner easily, and folds flat for storage. A "4Flex" stand is also included and can be used for more stability when heating a larger 'group-meal' pot.
- The included stuff sack weighs .3 ounces (8 grams). You can upgrade to a .1 oz (2.8 gram) Dyneema Composite Fabric Stove Stuff Sack.
- Warranty claims are handled directly by the manufacturer.
- Fits standard isobutane fuel canisters found at most local outdoor stores. Fuel canister not included.
Stove w/ Triflex Stand: 2.3 oz (65 g)
Stove w/ 4Flex Stand: 3.0 oz (85 g)
2" x 3.5" (5 cm x 9 cm)
- fuel canister
New best friend
Love my new stove. It boils fast and can simmer if need be. Also like the 2nd gaskets that keeps the gas from spraying everywhere when installing the canister
Extremely fast boil time. Wind resistant design. I have multiple stoves and while this isn't the lightest it is by far the best I've tried. It fits in my 700ml pot/mug along with a 110g fuel canister, bandana, the tri flex pot stand and a lighter. Highly recommended! Zpacks customer service was on point as always. Thanks Zpacks!
Purchasing from Zpacks is always a pleasant experience.
testing the Soto Windmaster
I haven't yet had an opportunity to use the stove in the field, but for my initial test I got 12 oz of tap water to a rolling boil (212 F) outdoors in still air at sea level at 35 degrees air temp in 1 minute and 30 seconds. I had a new fuel canister which burned 14 grams of fuel. I think it's accurate to say the stove is fast and efficient. I also tried cooking eggs in the cover of my old Sigg aluminum pot. On my second attempt I got passable results, but perhaps low temperature cooking on aluminum is not the Windmaster's strong suit. Overall I'm satisfied with the stove
Best Stove ever
Best stove ever seriously your water boil so much faster because of how the flame is evenly distributed along the bottom of the pan or cup versus the typical triangle style of regular stoves that creates uneven distribution of heat.