Trekking Pole Jack
Solid and lightweight. Works well with the Altaplex.
Our universal trekking pole jack slides over the tip of your trekking pole to boost the length for pitching taller tarps and tents.
It has an insert to catch your trekking pole tip and keep it centered and vertical. The insert is on a spring to adjust to different tip lengths. It will fit virtually all pointy trekking pole tips.
This pole jack will boost your pole height by about 10-10.5" (26 cm).
- Our universal pole jack has an insert to catch your pole tip and keep it centered and vertical.
- It has a spring to accommodate varying tip lengths. This jack will fit on almost all trekking pole tips!
- It has a cap in the bottom end so as not to collect dirt.
- This 12 inch pole jack will boost the length of your trekking pole about 10 to 10.5 inches (26 cm). The tube will overlap the tip of your trekking pole by about 1.5 to 2 inches (5 cm) depending on the tip.
- If you wish to customize the jack to an exact length for a fixed length trekking pole you can cut off the bottom with a hack saw or rotary saw and then replace the cap. We cannot cut these for you.
- Made in the USA.
Length: 12" (30.5 cm)
Inner Diameter: .5 inches (12.7 mm)
Outer Diameter: .6 inches (15.2 mm)
- pole jack
- hiking life
- tent stake bag
Does what it's supposed to. Was a nice tight fit in my black diamond poles but a bit wiggly on my ZPacks poles. I think this is because of the design on the tips of these poles. Still works great though.
Trekking pole jack
Worked perfectly to pitch Altraplex.
Altaplex jack stand
$20 vs couple $100 on new poles and extremely easy to use
The rubber foot fell off literally the very first time I used the jack, and the jack is kind of sharp without it, so I worry about putting it in my pack. It’s also really wobbly when in use with my Altaplex—probably fine but it’s just kinda weird and unstable feeling/looking. Did a 4-day 70-miler recently and just left the jack at home. My poles go to 65” and I can usually find a rock to prop the pole up higher if needed—the tension keeps it in place with the right rock. Bottom line: didn’t love this product.
I love zpacks products and service. But, I found the pole extender to be very loose on the end of my zpacks poles. So, I set it aside and instead put a smaller diameter carbon fibre tube (pole extender - that fits more snuggly) in with my Altaplex tent instead.