Large Food Bag
Held 5 days of food easily. Could hold a lot more. Compacts down to size you are carrying. Love the ease of the roll top snap closure. Is so lightweight and sturdy. A simple luxury to make things flow best on trail.
Our food bags are made from thicker 1.6 oz/sqyd Dyneema® Composite Fabric to stand up to the abuse of bear bagging and to resist abrasion from heavy, pointy food items. The fabric is strong enough to discourage most small rodents but should still be hung out of reach over night.The “Large” size food sack can hold about 5-6 days of food.
The rectangular shape fits well in all of our backpacks, either standing vertically or sideways depending on the pack volume. The wide opening makes it easier to dig through the bag and find what you need.
This is also available as part of a Bear Bagging Kit with cord and a rock sack.
If you don’t need as much space for shorter trips check out our 3-4 day Big Food Bag.
- Constructed from 1.6 oz/sqyd Dyneema® Composite Fabric which is thicker and stronger than our usual dry bag material. Dyneema® Composite Fabric is inherently waterproof.
- A Carabiner is included for hanging the bag from the roll top.
- The rectangular shape has a wider opening so that you can find your food items easier. It fits well standing upright or sideways in our packs.
- This size will typically fit up to 5-6 days of food.
- Fully taped seams. Our food bags will keep water out in typical backpacking conditions where the bag is not submerged.
- The top of our dry bags seal with stiff velcro to make closing and rolling the top easy! Air can escape from the rolled velcro, allowing these to squish flatter in your backpack as more gear is piled on top.
- For other storage options that will protect your gear from moisture, check out our Dry Bags collection.
- All Zpacks gear has a two year limited warranty against defects in materials or workmanship. Please see our return / warranty policy.
- Made in the USA.
Flat Dimensions: 16.75" wide x 20" tall (42.5 cm x 51 cm)
Full Dimensions: 11" wide by 6" deep by 13" tall (28 cm x 15 cm x 33 cm)
Volume: 850 cubic inches / 14 Liters
Made with Bio-Based Dyneema® Fiber
Reduce your carbon footprint with DSM’s bio-based Dyneema® fiber technology. Sourced from renewable, bio-based feedstock, it is the first ever bio-based ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene (HMPE) fiber. Commit to sustainability and help reduce our reliance on fossil fuel resources and rely on the trusted performance of the world’s strongest fiber™. Click here to learn more about our sustainability initiatives.
Made in the USA.
- roll top
Used this on a through-hike of Te Araroa and a few other hikes. Positive: It's lightweight, a convenient shape and holds a decent amount of food. Negative: It's expensive and not very durable. My bag is delaminating and has a large hole in it, whereas nylon bags I bought at the same time still look almost as good as new. Would not buy again, I don't think.
Hello, Thank you for your review. Our gear carries a two-year warranty. Please reach out to us at email@example.com, for assistance.
Awesome food bag!
I love this food bag. It is a great size, no matter if I take it for an overnight hike or longer. It is very light and waterproof, so nothing can get my food wet, or if anything breaks inside the bag, it won't make stuff in my backpack wet. I have used it a few times now, from an overnighter to a four-day hike, and I find it easy to see and find the food I have inside the bag. Which is a problem I had with other bags. I have already recommended this bag to others. We don't have bears in New Zealand but occasionally rats and mice in huts, and so far, this bag has kept them out.
Large and light food bag
Love the bag is is much larger and lighter than my other bag. This is so big you can search through it to find what you want no more emptying the bag to find the meal you want.
Great Product: lightweight, functional and good size
I use this bag to hold my sleeping bag, sweeter and socks during the day and food bag during the night. The size allows for food up to 8 days for myself at team. Weight is very important but quality comes with it. Use a double bowline instead of tiny clip.
Extremely lightweight and durable
Highly recommend this! We got the largest size and I’m glad we did. We didn’t have enough food to fill it but it folds down and is easily compacted. Used with the odor barrier bags we were confident our food was safe in the trees. We’ve used other, much heavier bear bags but they are difficult to tie closed. These bags fold and clip shut easily and are extremely lightweight yet durable, The perfect combination.