Large Food Bag
Held 5 days of food easily. Could hold a lot more. Compacts down to size you are carrying. Love the ease of the roll top snap closure. Is so lightweight and sturdy. A simple luxury to make things flow best on trail.
Our food bags are made from thicker 1.6 oz/sqyd Dyneema® Composite Fabric to stand up to the abuse of bear bagging and to resist abrasion from heavy, pointy food items. The fabric is strong enough to discourage most small rodents but should still be hung out of reach over night.The “Large” size food sack can hold about 5-6 days of food.
The rectangular shape fits well in all of our backpacks, either standing vertically or sideways depending on the pack volume. The wide opening makes it easier to dig through the bag and find what you need.
This is also available as part of a Bear Bagging Kit with cord and a rock sack.
If you don’t need as much space for shorter trips check out our 3-4 day Big Food Bag.
- Constructed from 1.6 oz/sqyd Dyneema® Composite Fabric which is thicker and stronger than our usual dry bag material. Dyneema® Composite Fabric is inherently waterproof.
- A Carabiner is included for hanging the bag from the roll top.
- The rectangular shape has a wider opening so that you can find your food items easier. It fits well standing upright or sideways in our packs.
- This size will typically fit up to 5-6 days of food.
- Fully taped seams. Our food bags will keep water out in typical backpacking conditions where the bag is not submerged.
- The bags have a stiffened opening to make rolling the top down easy and secure.
- Squeeze out the air and roll down the top to compress your gear as needed.
- For other storage options that will protect your gear from moisture, check out our Dry Bags collection.
- All Zpacks gear has a two year limited warranty against defects in materials or workmanship. Please see our return / warranty policy.
- Made in the USA.
Flat Dimensions: 16.75" wide x 20" tall (42.5 cm x 51 cm)
Full Dimensions: 11" wide by 6" deep by 13" tall (28 cm x 15 cm x 33 cm)
Volume: 850 cubic inches / 14 Liters
Made with Bio-Based Dyneema® Fiber
Reduce your carbon footprint with bio-based Dyneema® fiber technology. Sourced from renewable, bio-based feedstock, it is the first ever bio-based ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene (HMPE) fiber. Commit to sustainability and help reduce our reliance on fossil fuel resources and rely on the trusted performance of the world’s strongest fiber™. Click here to learn more about our sustainability initiatives.
Made in the USA.