Large Food Bag
Our food bags are made from thicker 1.6 oz/sqyd Dyneema® Composite Fabric to stand up to the abuse of bear bagging and to resist abrasion from heavy, pointy food items. The fabric is strong enough to discourage most small rodents but should still be hung out of reach over night.The “Large” size food sack can hold about 5-6 days of food.
The rectangular shape fits well in all of our backpacks, either standing vertically or sideways depending on the pack volume. The wide opening makes it easier to dig through the bag and find what you need.
This is also available as part of a Bear Bagging Kit with cord and a rock sack.
If you don’t need as much space for shorter trips check out our 3-4 day Big Food Bag.
- Constructed from 1.6 oz/sqyd Dyneema® Composite Fabric which is thicker and stronger than our usual dry bag material. Dyneema® Composite Fabric is inherently waterproof.
- A Carabiner is included for hanging the bag from the roll top.
- The rectangular shape has a wider opening so that you can find your food items easier. It fits well standing upright or sideways in our packs.
- This size will typically fit up to 5-6 days of food.
- Fully taped seams. Our food bags will keep water out in typical backpacking conditions where the bag is not submerged.
- The top of our dry bags seal with stiff velcro to make closing and rolling the top easy! Air can escape from the rolled velcro, allowing these to squish flatter in your backpack as more gear is piled on top.
- For other storage options that will protect your gear from moisture, check out our Dry Bags collection.
- All Zpacks gear has a two year limited warranty against defects in materials or workmanship. Please see our return / warranty policy.
- Made in the USA.
Flat Dimensions: 16.75" wide x 20.5" tall (42.5 cm x 52 cm)
Full Dimensions: 11" wide by 6" deep by 13" tall (28 cm x 15 cm x 33 cm)
Volume: 850 cubic inches / 14 Liters
- food bag
- web sight
Permet de mettre 1 semaine de nourriture à l’abri de l'humidité et des odeurs
When I originally looked at the size of the bag, I thought it would be more of a mid-sized food bag, but it’s huge. I was able to fit a little more than 5 days worth of food in the pack. This was my “gateway” piece into UL gear and haven’t looked back. It’s Zpacks from here on.
I just received this item. I purchased "bargain" and/or blemished item, but I could not find any defect with it. I was happy to save a few dollars!
Strong, lightweight. Does what its supposed to. Would buy again.