Big Food Bag
Our food bags are made from thicker 1.43 oz/sqyd Dyneema Composite Fabric to stand up to the abuse of bear bagging and to resist abrasion from heavy, pointy food items. The fabric is strong enough to discourage most small rodents but should still be hung out of reach over night. The “Big” size food sack can hold about 3-4 days of food. It will fit into our Arc backpacks horizontally. If you need more space check out our Large Food Bag or our Bear Bag Kit.
- Constructed from 1.43 oz/sqyd Dyneema Composite Fabric which is thicker and stronger than our usual dry bag material. DCF is inherently waterproof.
- A Carabiner is included for hanging the bag from the roll top.
- The ‘Big’ size will typically fit up to 3-4 days of food. The shape fits horizontally average sized backpacks.
- Fully taped seams. Our food bags will keep water out in typical backpacking conditions where the bag is not submerged.
- The top of our dry bags seal with stiff velcro to make closing and rolling the top easy! Air can escape from the rolled velcro, allowing these to squish flatter in your backpack as more gear is piled on top.
- For other storage options that will protect your gear from moisture, check out our Dry Bags collection.
- All Zpacks gear has a two year limited warranty against defects in materials or workmanship. Please see our return / warranty policy.
- Made in the USA.
Flat Dimensions: 12.25" wide x 19.5" tall (31 cm x 49.5 cm)
Full Dimensions: roughly 8" diameter by 13" tall (20.3 cm x 33 cm)
Volume: 650 cubic inches / 10.7 Liters