Big Food Bag
Our food bags are made from thicker 1.43 oz/sqyd Dyneema Composite Fabric to stand up to the abuse of bear bagging and to resist abrasion from heavy, pointy food items. The fabric is strong enough to discourage most small rodents but should still be hung out of reach over night. The “Big” size food sack can hold about 3-4 days of food. It will fit into our Arc backpacks horizontally. If you need more space check out our Large Food Bag or our Bear Bag Kit.
- Constructed from 1.43 oz/sqyd Dyneema Composite Fabric which is thicker and stronger than our usual dry bag material. DCF is inherently waterproof.
- A Carabiner is included for hanging the bag from the roll top.
- The ‘Big’ size will typically fit up to 3-4 days of food. The shape fits horizontally average sized backpacks.
- Fully taped seams. Our food bags will keep water out in typical backpacking conditions where the bag is not submerged.
- The top of our dry bags seal with stiff velcro to make closing and rolling the top easy! Air can escape from the rolled velcro, allowing these to squish flatter in your backpack as more gear is piled on top.
- For other storage options that will protect your gear from moisture, check out our Dry Bags collection.
- All Zpacks gear has a two year limited warranty against defects in materials or workmanship. Please see our return / warranty policy.
- Made in the USA.
Flat Dimensions: 12.25" wide x 19.5" tall (31 cm x 49.5 cm)
Full Dimensions: roughly 8" diameter by 13" tall (20.3 cm x 33 cm)
Volume: 650 cubic inches / 10.7 Liters
- food bag
Not sure yet...
I haven't actually used the bag yet, so this is just based on first impressions, which I realize isn't entirely fair. Firstly, this regular sized bag doesn't have the squared off bottom like the picture shows. I guess I should've paid more attention, but only the large size is taped down to make it squared off, apparently. I guess that one's on me, but I really did want that. Secondly, the clips don't stick out very far from the sides, so when I roll the top the clips keep getting rolled up as well. That would've been remedied by adding a half-inch or so to the ribbon like every other dry-bag has. Thirdly, there's no built-in loop to attach to a bear rope. The whole bag hangs with a very lightweight carabiner, which I feel will certainly be a weak point. I guess I can replace that but at this price-point I feel I shouldn't have to. I don't think any of these things would add weight, but would yield a better quality bag. I'm worried that those points at the bottom will be a wear-spot and the carabiner won't hold...and I'm already annoyed that I have to re-roll the bag each time to un-catch the clips. On the positive side, the volume is sufficient for 1 person, the bag is certainly lightweight and appears waterproof.
I'm a convert. These products are definitely worth the hype. I'm gonna start specking out my next backpack in fact from Zpacks.
Perfect food bag
Perfect size food bag