Big Food Bag
Awesome bag, tough as nails. Highly recommended.
Our food bags are made from thicker 1.6 oz/sqyd Dyneema® Composite Fabric to stand up to the abuse of bear bagging and to resist abrasion from heavy, pointy food items. The fabric is strong enough to discourage most small rodents but should still be hung out of reach over night. The “Big” size food sack can hold about 3-4 days of food. It will fit into our Arc backpacks horizontally. If you need more space check out our Large Food Bag or our Bear Bag Kit.
- Constructed from 1.6 oz/sqyd Dyneema® Composite Fabric which is thicker and stronger than our usual dry bag material. Dyneema® Composite Fabric is inherently waterproof.
- A Carabiner is included for hanging the bag from the roll top.
- The ‘Big’ size will typically fit up to 3-4 days of food. The shape fits horizontally average sized backpacks.
- Fully taped seams. Our food bags will keep water out in typical backpacking conditions where the bag is not submerged.
- The bags have a stiffened opening to make rolling the top down easy and secure.
- Squeeze out the air and roll down the top to compress your gear as needed.
- For other storage options that will protect your gear from moisture, check out our Dry Bags collection.
- All Zpacks gear has a two year limited warranty against defects in materials or workmanship. Please see our return / warranty policy.
- Made in the USA.
Flat Dimensions: 12.25" wide x 19.5" tall (31 cm x 49.5 cm)
Full Dimensions: roughly 8" diameter by 13" tall (20.3 cm x 33 cm)
Volume: 650 cubic inches / 10.7 Liters
Made with Bio-Based Dyneema® Fiber
Reduce your carbon footprint with DSM’s bio-based Dyneema® fiber technology. Sourced from renewable, bio-based feedstock, it is the first ever bio-based ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene (HMPE) fiber. Commit to sustainability and help reduce our reliance on fossil fuel resources and rely on the trusted performance of the world’s strongest fiber™. Click here to learn more about our sustainability initiatives.
Made in the USA.