Big Food Bag
Awesome bag, tough as nails. Highly recommended.
Our food bags are made from thicker 1.6 oz/sqyd Dyneema® Composite Fabric to stand up to the abuse of bear bagging and to resist abrasion from heavy, pointy food items. The fabric is strong enough to discourage most small rodents but should still be hung out of reach over night. The “Big” size food sack can hold about 3-4 days of food. It will fit into our Arc backpacks horizontally. If you need more space check out our Large Food Bag or our Bear Bag Kit.
- Constructed from 1.6 oz/sqyd Dyneema® Composite Fabric which is thicker and stronger than our usual dry bag material. Dyneema® Composite Fabric is inherently waterproof.
- A Carabiner is included for hanging the bag from the roll top.
- The ‘Big’ size will typically fit up to 3-4 days of food. The shape fits horizontally average sized backpacks.
- Fully taped seams. Our food bags will keep water out in typical backpacking conditions where the bag is not submerged.
- The top of our dry bags seal with stiff velcro to make closing and rolling the top easy! Air can escape from the rolled velcro, allowing these to squish flatter in your backpack as more gear is piled on top.
- For other storage options that will protect your gear from moisture, check out our Dry Bags collection.
- All Zpacks gear has a two year limited warranty against defects in materials or workmanship. Please see our return / warranty policy.
- Made in the USA.
Flat Dimensions: 12.25" wide x 19.5" tall (31 cm x 49.5 cm)
Full Dimensions: roughly 8" diameter by 13" tall (20.3 cm x 33 cm)
Volume: 650 cubic inches / 10.7 Liters
Made with Bio-Based Dyneema® Fiber
Reduce your carbon footprint with DSM’s bio-based Dyneema® fiber technology. Sourced from renewable, bio-based feedstock, it is the first ever bio-based ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene (HMPE) fiber. Commit to sustainability and help reduce our reliance on fossil fuel resources and rely on the trusted performance of the world’s strongest fiber™. Click here to learn more about our sustainability initiatives.
Made in the USA.
- food bags
- Super lightweight
Great but the clip broke first outing
This bag is a great size and lightweight. I bought 4 ultralight dry bags from Zpack for a recent trip and all served well. Only problem is that the clip in the blue bag broke first day out.
fits my pack perfectly
I bought two of the food bags for a 15 day trip in the Winds. I was able to carry 12 days of food and the two bags fitted perfectly, did by side in my pack.
Big Food Bag and Hang Kit
I bought these for backpacking in the Catskills. They are excellent for carrying food and setting up bear hangs. So far they have seen about a dozen trail days and are holding up great.
Big Food Bag is...
… perfect part of travel equipment - did not disappoint!
Big food bag is well made and versatile
I have used the Large Food Bag from Z Packs for several months hiking the A.T. this past year and found It is excellant in every way. Well thought out design, very durable, never fails as a bear hang. The Velcro top closure is great for burping air out before rolling the top down to seal. I put a slightly stronger and bigger carabiner on it because often when I get my bear hang line thrown several other backpackers want to clip on to it. I often have 4 or 5 food bags clipped to that carabiner. The reason I ordered the “ big food bag” this time is because it is a more versatile sized DCF bag that I can use as a food bag for shorter, non thru hikes or as a waterproof and very tough down quilt or clothes bag for backpacking or kayak expeditions. This size fits in kayak dry storage more ideally.