Large Food Bag
Held 5 days of food easily. Could hold a lot more. Compacts down to size you are carrying. Love the ease of the roll top snap closure. Is so lightweight and sturdy. A simple luxury to make things flow best on trail.
Our food bags are made from thicker 1.6 oz/sqyd Dyneema® Composite Fabric to stand up to the abuse of bear bagging and to resist abrasion from heavy, pointy food items. The fabric is strong enough to discourage most small rodents but should still be hung out of reach over night.The “Large” size food sack can hold about 5-6 days of food.
The rectangular shape fits well in all of our backpacks, either standing vertically or sideways depending on the pack volume. The wide opening makes it easier to dig through the bag and find what you need.
This is also available as part of a Bear Bagging Kit with cord and a rock sack.
If you don’t need as much space for shorter trips check out our 3-4 day Big Food Bag.
- Constructed from 1.6 oz/sqyd Dyneema® Composite Fabric which is thicker and stronger than our usual dry bag material. Dyneema® Composite Fabric is inherently waterproof.
- A Carabiner is included for hanging the bag from the roll top.
- The rectangular shape has a wider opening so that you can find your food items easier. It fits well standing upright or sideways in our packs.
- This size will typically fit up to 5-6 days of food.
- Fully taped seams. Our food bags will keep water out in typical backpacking conditions where the bag is not submerged.
- The top of our dry bags seal with stiff velcro to make closing and rolling the top easy! Air can escape from the rolled velcro, allowing these to squish flatter in your backpack as more gear is piled on top.
- For other storage options that will protect your gear from moisture, check out our Dry Bags collection.
- All Zpacks gear has a two year limited warranty against defects in materials or workmanship. Please see our return / warranty policy.
- Made in the USA.
Flat Dimensions: 16.75" wide x 20" tall (42.5 cm x 51 cm)
Full Dimensions: 11" wide by 6" deep by 13" tall (28 cm x 15 cm x 33 cm)
Volume: 850 cubic inches / 14 Liters
Made with Bio-Based Dyneema® Fiber
Reduce your carbon footprint with DSM’s bio-based Dyneema® fiber technology. Sourced from renewable, bio-based feedstock, it is the first ever bio-based ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene (HMPE) fiber. Commit to sustainability and help reduce our reliance on fossil fuel resources and rely on the trusted performance of the world’s strongest fiber™. Click here to learn more about our sustainability initiatives.
Made in the USA.
Great piece of kit!
This is a great piece of kit. I took this bag on 10 days of my son’s thru-hike of the Colorado Trail last summer. The optional throw bag and line works great to get your food out of reach. This light bag is easily roomy enough for 5 days of food. It performed so well I just bought another for my wife for a couple planned excursions this summer!
Worth every penny
Besides great customer service and super fast shipping , Zpacks has it right with this product, plenty of space for my food / cook system , and super light weight. I’m thru hiking the Appalachian Trail in April and one of the biggest things on my mind isn’t bears but rodents , I didn’t want anything to be able to chew through my food bag and it looks like I won’t have to worry about it with this bag . I wanted to test it so bad I stabbed it with a knife upon getting it and it did not puncture at all! Fantastic product Fantastic Company
Excellent bag for storing food safely!
Great! The bag holds my three day food supply with room to spare. I added other items that might attract bears such as toiletries. I’m happy it comes with a small carabiner so you can hang the bag in a tree when needed. The Velcro closure is convenient as well—which I hope lasts.
Large Food Bag
Great, light weight bag!
Good Food Bag
The bag did exactly what I needed it to on my recent trip. My only concern was whether the bear rope would burn a hole in the side of the bag as it slid against it while being raised, but so far this has not been a problem. It kept my food dry while it rained which was the main requirement.