Sub-Nero Ultra 30L Backpack
The perfect ultralight frameless pack for peak bagging, overnighters, and short trips, the Sub-Nero Ultra is a smaller and slightly more stripped down version of our popular Nero Ultra Backpack.
Streamlined to only the most essential features, the Sub-Nero Ultra is great for hikers with dialed in base weights and minimalist kits.
Featuring an included sit pad, an optional webbing belt, and a variety of optional modular add-ons, the highly versatile Sub-Nero Ultra allows you to get the most out of any day, section, or thru-hike.
- Ultra fabric features a woven Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMWPE) face fabric laminated to a waterproof backing. Ultra fabric boasts extremely high abrasion and tear resistance and is the strongest fabric we offer.
- The pack material is waterproof. All seams and attachment points are taped and the pack is constructed using hydrophobic thread, making the packs highly water resistant.
- Provides enough space for dialed in ultralight kits with a up to a few days of food.
- An optional, removable, webbing belt is 1" (2.5 cm) wide and has a maximum adjustment of about 50" (127 cm) circumference. The belt contributes 1.2 ounces (34 grams) to the total weight. It can be trimmed down or removed.
- Belt pouches with integrated belt pads are sold separately for those who desire more belt cushioning.
- Features a roll top closure with a stiffened opening keeps water out and allows you to compress the top of your pack as your gear load shrinks.
- Use the provided top strap to lash items to the top of your pack or upgrade to the optional Nero V-Top Strap to allow you to carry a Bear Canister or other heavier items.
- Large stretchy mesh center pocket is great for quick access items. Mesh also lets you dry wet clothing and gives you a clear view of your gear.
- Comfy 3/8" thick by 2.75" wide padded contoured shoulder straps. The straps have a daisy chain for clipping on items like our popular shoulder pouches, shoulder pouches w/ zipper, water bottle sleeves, and an adjustable position sternum strap is included. The shoulder straps have 3D mesh on the underside which gives them a little bit more cushion.
- Side compression straps are made from non-stretchy Dyneema® cord for squishing down the pack volume. They also allow you to stand tall items like trekking poles or an umbrella in the side pockets.
- Side pockets are sized to fit 1 or 1.5 liter bottles. They are positioned low on the pack and slanted forward for easy access without removing the pack. The pockets have drainage holes at the bottom, and elastic that keeps them tight at the top.
- Along the sides and front, you will find a variety of loops for attaching optional add-ons like our top side pockets, shock cord lashing, and ice axe loops.
- A closed cell foam sit pad measuring 11" x 15.5" (28 cm x 39.4 cm) is included and adds an additional 1 ounce to the total weight of the pack. The foam provides some cushion and support against your back. The sit pad is held in place with shock cord and comes off quickly for breaks. The shock cord (.3 oz / 8.5 g) and sit pad are removable and replaceable.
- This pack can be folded up to fit inside a 1 gallon Ziploc bag. It can easily be packed in your luggage or used as a carry-on.
- All Zpacks gear has a two year limited warranty against defects in materials or workmanship. Please see our return / warranty policy.
- Made in the USA.
Foam sit pad adds 1.0 oz (28 g)
Body dimensions: 5.5" x 10" x 19" (14 cm x 25 cm x 48 cm)
Volume: 30L (17L main body, 2.5L each side pocket, 8L center pocket)
Load Capacity: Recommended up to 20 lbs (9 kg)
3.3oz/sqyd Ultra 100
Ultra 100 is composed of a woven 100 denier Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMWPE) face fabric laminated to a waterproof lining. Our 2nd generation fabric has a 50% thicker, more durable .75 mil laminate. The fabric is fully waterproof and has extremely high tear and abrasion resistance.
Our Repair Tape and Adhesive products stick extremely well to the interior of this fabric.
Weight: 3.3 oz/sqyd (112 g/m²)
Tear Strength: 69.4 lbs. warp; 89.6 lbs. fill
Water Resistance: >20,000 mmH₂O
.3.5 oz/sqyd Mesh
This is the mesh that we use on our backpack's center pockets. It has a relatively light weight for mesh, while being difficult to tear. It can withstand getting caught on branches and other typical abrasion that backpacks are subjected to. The hole size is a about 4 mm (a little over 1/8").
Weight: 3.5 oz/sqyd (119 g/m²)
5.0 oz/sqyd Lycra® Mesh
This mesh provides a superb 4-way stretch and is a great choice for mesh back panels. It has a relatively light weight for mesh, while being difficult to tear.
Weight: 5.0 oz/sqyd (169.53 g/m²)
5.3 oz/sqyd 3D Spacer Mesh
This mesh has a three-dimensional structure which allows airflow and adds cushioning. We use it on the underside of our backpack's shoulder straps and belts to absorb sweat, add cushion, and add grip. Our 3D mesh weighs less than most other types.
Weight: 5.3 oz/sqyd (180 g/m²)
Thickness: About 3/32" (2.5 mm)