10F Classic Sleeping Bag
Lightweight, warm, compact and comfortable! It’s like a bag and quilt all in one. I need a warm toebox and love the fact that I can keep my feet nice and cozy while draping the rest over my upper body. This allows me to move around very easily and adjust. So far I love the bag!
When the temperatures drop, stay warm and cozy with our award-winning Classic Sleeping Bag. Striking the perfect balance of warmth and weight, our ultralight Classic Sleeping Bag features a 3/4th length zipper on the bottom, combining the best aspects of a down quilt and a down sleeping bag, all at an unbeatable weight!
Includes a Free Zpacks Roll Top Dry Bag for Storage! A $30 value!
- Constructed with responsibly sourced and 'Responsible Down Standard' certified DownTek PCF-FREE water-resistant 900 fill power goose down which stays dry 90% longer than untreated down.
- Each compartment is overstuffed with 30% more 900 Fill Power Premium Goose Down than is necessary for maximum loft to account for any future down compression.
- Vertical baffles on the upper body keep down from migrating to the sides. Tightly spaced compartments help keep the down evenly distributed so there are no cold spots. There are no "sewn through" seams.
- Our rectangular foot box is roomy, and fits the shape of your feet comfortably when lying on your side, on your stomach, or on your back with your feet angled out in a relaxed position.
- Black fabric on the inside for quick drying. Both the liner and the shell are treated with C0 durable water repellent to resist rain spray and body moisture.
- 3/4 Length Zipper extends to your calves. The zipper is positioned on the bottom of the bag allowing for multiple sleep set ups.
- The bag can easily be opened up for venting in "quilt mode". Most of the time you probably won't even use the zipper.
- Since the zipper is underneath you no draft tube is necessary- that means less weight and much less chance of a frustrating zipper snag. Getting in and out is as easy as turning the zipper to the side, or just slide in or out the top of the bag.
- A flat clip at the top of the zipper keeps the zipper securely closed. Or use the clip alone with the zipper opened for venting.
- An Elastic cord can be cinched tight around your neck to keep out drafts, or pull the bag up around your ears. This bag does not have a hood- wear a warm hat, or a Goose Down Hood, or size up in length if you want to pull it up around your head.
- A Roll Top Dry Bag is included, and adds ~.9 ounces (25.5 grams) to the listed weight. The dry bags are a comfortable fit and can be compressed smaller by squishing the contents and rolling the top down more.
- All Zpacks gear has a two year limited warranty against defects in materials or workmanship. Please see our return / warranty policy.
- Our sleeping bag shell materials do not contain any harmful chemicals such as flame retardants. Our shell is treated with C0 Durable Water Repellent, which is free of PFOA and PFOs
A printable .pdf version is available here.
While our sleeping bags and quilts have not been tested for their International Standard Organization (ISO) rating, we estimate based on feedback and use that they are closest to the ISO "Transition Range.“
DownTek 900 Fill Power Water Repellent Goose Down
DownTek 900 Fill power goose down has a "C0" water repellent which allows it to stay dry over 90% longer than untreated down. The water repellent is PFOA and PFOS free. It is 'Responsible Down Standard' certified, ensuring that the animals are treated humanely. Goose down is a byproduct of the goose meat industry.
A printable .pdf version is available here.
Click here for full instructions on how to wash our down sleeping bags and quilts.
- sleeping bag
The design is sound with having vertical tubes to transmit heat from the core downward and prevent the filling from being pulled by gravity down along the sides, leaving the top area bare. In addition a hood is not really needed, just a warm knit hat that can pull down over your nose and far enough to protect where your turtleneck night shirt is. Using hydrophobic down is a must now the technology is here, and the high fill power reduces weight. The caveat is that wind does indeed cut through the outer shell on a windy night in the Shenandoahs just below freezing. This 10-degree bag was ordered to replace a 20-degree bag. Anything less than the 10-degree bag and there is insufficient down to fill up the tubes, with the result that there are numerous cold spots and the sewn-in baffles lay flat, as if it was merely sewn-though, so that feature fails to perform adequately. Indeed, the 20-degree bag I would be leery in 40-degree conditions, so this 10-degree bag I would trust at 30-degrees. Overnights in Iceland were about 40-degrees, and I was comfortable snugged up, but would have expected to be REALLY toasty in a true 10-degree bag. Hopefully Z-Packs will invest in the European Norm testing to designate an accurate rating in the future. Since their return policy is restrictive, order this within 30 days of using it to see if it works for you. (No returns after 30 days and, surprisingly, if you use it once to see that it works, it may not be returned!) I've been universally pleased with Zpacks and their products until my experience with the sleeping bags. Good product, but be aware of limitations.
Best bag out there
The most versatile and lightweight sleeping bag I have owned. I’ve never woken up cold or hot no matter what season (mostly in CA but have used it during chilly springs in Canadian and Montana backcountry). I’ve used this as both a blanket and bag and it stays warm and dry. I have two Zpacks sleeping bags - the twin quilt for me and my husband and also a classic bag. Both 10F. I tried the 30F but there wasn’t enough loft and I was very worried about cold.
Very comfortable in Winter and suitable for slimy person.
Zpack 10F bag
I have used the Zpack 20F for my backpacking needs for a while and it was a long, standard model. It worked so well for me that I ordered a 10F bag for my wife who sleeps a little colder. Both bags are well made, pack lite, and compress very small when needed. 5 STARS
Super warm, comfortable, dries quickly if wet, and packs super small for a 10 degree bag.