20F Classic Sleeping Bag
When the temperatures drop, stay warm and cozy with our award-winning Classic Sleeping Bag. Striking the perfect balance of warmth and weight, our ultralight Classic Sleeping Bag features a 3/4th length zipper on the bottom, combining the best aspects of a down quilt and a down sleeping bag, all at an unbeatable weight!
Includes a Free Zpacks Roll Top Dry Bag for Storage! A $30 value!
- Constructed with DownTek water-resistant 950 fill power goose down which stays dry 90% longer than untreated down. It has C6 water repellent with no PFOA or PFOS. Our down is responsibly sourced and is 'Responsible Down Standard' Certified.
- Each compartment is overstuffed with 30% more 950 Fill Power Premium Goose Down than is necessary for maximum loft to account for any future down compression.
- Vertical baffles on the upper body keep down from migrating to the sides. Tightly spaced compartments help keep the down evenly distributed so there are no cold spots. There are no "sewn through" seams.
- Our rectangular foot box is roomy, and fits the shape of your feet comfortably when lying on your side, on your stomach, or on your back with your feet angled out in a relaxed position.
- Black fabric on the inside for quick drying. Both the liner and the shell are treated with C6 durable water repellent to resist rain spray and body moisture.
- 3/4 Length Zipper extends to your calves. The zipper is positioned on the bottom of the bag allowing for multiple sleep set ups.
- The bag can easily be opened up for venting in "quilt mode". Most of the time you probably won't even use the zipper.
- Since the zipper is underneath you no draft tube is necessary- that means less weight and much less chance of a frustrating zipper snag. Getting in and out is as easy as turning the zipper to the side, or just slide in or out the top of the bag.
- A flat clip at the top of the zipper keeps the zipper securely closed. Or use the clip alone with the zipper opened for venting.
- An Elastic cord can be cinched tight around your neck to keep out drafts, or pull the bag up around your ears. This bag does not have a hood- wear a warm hat, or a Goose Down Hood, or size up in length if you want to pull it up around your head.
- A Roll Top Dry Bag is included, and adds ~.9 ounces (25.5 grams) to the listed weight. The dry bags are a comfortable fit and can be compressed smaller by squishing the contents and rolling the top down more.
- All Zpacks gear has a two year limited warranty against defects in materials or workmanship. Please see our return / warranty policy.
A printable .pdf version is available here.
DownTek 950 Fill Power Water Repellent Goose Down
DownTek 950 Fill power goose down has a "C6" water repellent which allows it to stay dry over 90% longer than untreated down. The water repellent is PFOA and PFOS free. It is 'Responsible Down Standard' certified, ensuring that the animals are treated humanely. Goose down is a byproduct of the goose meat industry.
A printable .pdf version is available here.
Store loose (hanging in a closet for example) when not in use. Each bag has a hang loop at the foot. Alternatively it can be stored loose in a laundry bag.
Sleeping bags do not need to be washed very often. Wash once after a long season or only as needed.
Be careful of machine washing down sleeping bags. The twisting motion of a washing machine could potentially tear the shell or the internal baffles. If you do try a washing machine do so at your own risk using the delicate setting.
We recommend hand washing your sleeping bag in a bathtub with warm water and Granger's Down wash. Keep the sleeping bag in the dry bag and remove it while it is underwater so that it doesn't fill up with air. Swish the bag around for a few minutes. Drain the tub then give it another good rinse in fresh water.
Squish the sleeping bag back into the dry bag and squeeze as much water as you can out of it.
For best results, lay the sleeping bag out in the sun to dry. If the sleeping bag has a darker shell material (for example black on the inside) face the black side up to absorb more heat from the sun. You will have to periodically pull apart any wet down clumps. It may take all day to completely dry a sleeping bag, but don't worry, eventually all the clumps will be broken apart and dry and it will fluff back up better than new.
Some people use a clothes dryer with tennis balls to help break the down clumps apart, but do so at your own risk. High heat can melt delicate shell materials. Even with a dryer it can take a very long time to dry a sleeping bag. We recommend drying your down gear items in the sun, or line drying indoors if outside weather doesn't permit sun drying.
- sleeping bag
Sleeping bag arrived with a hole in it
My experience with Zpacks has been very disappointing. My 20F Classic Sleeping Bag arrived with a hole in it straight out of the box. Zpack's solution was to send me a new one that I could only get access to if I paid Fedex ANOTHER $150 dollars of customs duty on top of the $150 I had already paid in customs duty on the first (faulty) sleeping bag. I refused to pay this and have been in limbo ever since. Currently have a new bag with a hole in it that I don't trust to use in the field not least because the feathers will come out! So no, I would not recommend Zpacks. Poor workmanship, poor quality control, and ultimately poor customer service for no coming up with a solution to the problem that is of their making.
Warm and comfy
In love with this sleeping bag. So warm for its weight, and the design is much more comfortable than my traditional bag.
20F Classic Sleeping Bag
I haven't had a chance to use it in the mountains as yet but it's wonderfully light & warm & I'm looking forward to having a lighter pack this summer
Love The Extra Room
I got to use the new Orange 20 degree bag recently while I was doing the TGO Challenge in Scotland. I slept in the new sleeping bag around 15 nights over the 220 mile route. Now I’ve been using Zpacks sleeping bags since 2015 and I can’t tell you how surprised I was with this new sleeping bag. It looks as if the redesigned it from the ground up. I love the new Orange color. The new designed bag felt warmer on those cool Scottish nights and it seems to have more room around the shoulders and waist and definitely the foot box is bigger. There’s plenty of room in the foot box for my feet to move around without pressing against the bag. Honestly it’s probably the most comfortable sleeping bag from Zpacks I’ve ever slept in. I’m definitely looking into buying the10 and 30 degree bags in the new design. Better comfort means a better nights sleep while out on the trail.
I'm loving the 20F down bag you made for me
"I'm loving the 20F down bag you made for me. From the High Sierras, to SW desert, to Tibet, w/ the Goose Hood it's sooo good!"