20F Classic Sleeping Bag
When the temperatures drop, stay warm and cozy with our award-winning Classic Sleeping Bag. Striking the perfect balance of warmth and weight,our ultralight Classic Sleeping Bag features a 3/4th length zipper on the bottom, combining the best aspects of a down quilt and a down sleeping bag, all at an unbeatable weight!
Includes a Free Zpacks Roll Top Dry Bag for Storage! A $30 value!
- Vertical baffles on the upper body keep down from migrating to the sides. Tightly spaced compartments help keep the down evenly distributed so there are no cold spots. There are no "sewn through" seams.
- Each compartment is overstuffed with 30% more 900 Fill Power Premium Goose Down than is necessary for maximum loft to account for any future down compression. Our down is ethically sourced and is a natural byproduct of the goose meat industry.
- Black fabric on the inside for quick drying. Both the liner and the shell are treated with durable water repellant to resist rain spray and body moisture.
- 3/4 Length Zipper extends to your calves. The zipper is positioned on the bottom of the bag allowing for multiple sleep set ups.
- The bag can easily be opened up for venting in "quilt mode". Most of the time you probably won't even use the zipper.
- Since the zipper is underneath you no draft tube is necessary- that means less weight and much less chance of a frustrating zipper snag. Getting in and out is as easy as turning the zipper to the side, or just slide in or out the top of the bag.
- A flat clip at the top of the zipper keeps the zipper securely closed. Or use the clip alone with the zipper opened for venting.
- An Elastic cord can be cinched tight around your neck to keep out drafts, or pull the bag up around your ears. This bag does not have a hood- wear a warm hat, or a Goose Down Hood, or size up in length if you want to pull it up around your head.
- A Roll Top Dry Bag is included, and adds ~.9 ounces (25.5 grams) to the listed weight. The dry bags are a comfortable fit and can be compressed smaller by squishing the contents and rolling the top down more.
- All Zpacks gear has a two year limited warranty against defects in materials or workmanship. Please see our return / warranty policy.
A printable .pdf version is available here.
A printable .pdf version is available here.
Store loose (hanging in a closet for example) when not in use. Each bag has a hang loop at the foot. Alternatively it can be stored loose in a laundry bag.
Sleeping bags do not need to be washed very often. Wash once after a long season or only as needed.
Be careful of machine washing down sleeping bags. The twisting motion of a washing machine could potentially tear the shell or the internal baffles. If you do try a washing machine do so at your own risk using the delicate setting.
We recommend hand washing your sleeping bag in a bathtub with warm water and Granger's Down wash. Keep the sleeping bag in the dry bag and remove it while it is underwater so that it doesn't fill up with air. Swish the bag around for a few minutes. Drain the tub then give it another good rinse in fresh water.
Squish the sleeping bag back into the dry bag and squeeze as much water as you can out of it.
For best results, lay the sleeping bag out in the sun to dry. If the sleeping bag has a darker shell material (for example black on the inside) face the black side up to absorb more heat from the sun. You will have to periodically pull apart any wet down clumps. It may take all day to completely dry a sleeping bag, but don't worry, eventually all the clumps will be broken apart and dry and it will fluff back up better than new.
Some people use a clothes dryer with tennis balls to help break the down clumps apart, but do so at your own risk. High heat can melt delicate shell materials. Even with a dryer it can take a very long time to dry a sleeping bag. We recommend drying your down gear items in the sun, or line drying indoors if outside weather doesn't permit sun drying.
I'm loving the 20F down bag you made for me
"I'm loving the 20F down bag you made for me. From the High Sierras, to SW desert, to Tibet, w/ the Goose Hood it's sooo good!"
Extremely impressed with your level of service and the quality of the replacement bag
"The bag that we originally got was a little on the cold side for me (not the bags fault- as I get older I find that I just sleep colder). You guys took the bag back and sold me a warmer one for just a little more. I was extremely impressed with your level of service and the quality of the replacement bag. I've taken it out several times and have slept very comfortably in it. You guys are fantastic and make great stuff!"
New Zealand, Utah, JMT thru hike.....
"I purchased one of your amazing sleeping bags 3 years ago and I am as in love with it now as ever. New Zealand, Utah, JMT thru hike......all of it accomplished with the luxury with this amazing bag."
I did about 2100 miles of the CDT
"I bought a 20 degree, standard, long sleeping bag from you last year. I did about 2100 miles of the CDT and it performed very well. (Lots of rain in Colorado and Wyoming). I had to supplement with a few extra layers on a few cold nights, but nearly every day it was plenty warm. Also, love my Duplex tent. For 20 ounces, it’s a palace. Never failed once in many nights of rain. You guys make good stuff."
Thanks again for a great product!
"I just wanted to send another huge thanks your way! I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my sleeping bag!!!! It is such a great thing when I buy a piece of gear that just works and there really isn't anything I would change about it; it does the job I need it to, pretty much exactly how I want and I can rely on it to do that on every trip! My sleeping bag from you is one of those items. I rave about it to anyone that cares about such matters :). This is my second season with it and so far it has been on several technical traverse where weight really mattered. Here is a photo of me in my bag from this past weekend at our ridge bivy along the Tantalus traverse near Squamish, BC. Thanks again for a great product! Feel free to post my comments!"