BeFree 3.0L Gravity Filter w/ Tube
Elevate your game and let gravity do the work with the BeFree™ 3.0L Gravity water filter system from Katadyn. Hang the bladder from a tree branch w/ the included webbing strap (or with a piece of cord) and filter clean water into a clean water bottle without needing to manually squeeze water. The tube includes an on/off valve to control the water flow, and it can be quickly detached as needed.
Add our Drinking Tube & Adapter For BeFree to hydrate directly from your filter.
- Easy to clean: simply shake or swish the EZ-Clean Membrane™ to remove debris
- Collapsible 3.0L reservoir packs down small
- 0.1-micron microfilter is tested to protect against harmful organisms, removing protozoa (99.99%) and bacteria (99.9999%) to EPA standards
- 43mm, wide-mouth opening makes for easy filling from any lake, river, stream or faucet
- Tested to 1,000 liters; individual results will depend on water quality
Output (Liters/min): 2
Treated Quantity (Liters): 1000
Filter Material: Hollow Fiber
Length: 9" (230 mm)
Width: 3" (75 mm)
Height: 19.5" (493 mm)
- Bladder: 2.6oz (74 g)
- Tube w/ Quick Connect Fittings: 1.9oz (54 g)
- Filter w/ Top: 1.4oz (39 g)
- Hose On/Off Valve: 0.1oz (4 g)
- Optional Strap: 1.1oz (30 g)
Katadyn BeFree water filters are top-quality products made of high-grade materials. These products are carefully produced by hand and undergo comprehensive quality control during their manufacturing and prior to delivery.
Upon the purchase of a water filter Katadyn provides a voluntary manufacturer warranty for material and manufacturing defects under the following conditions:
The following conditions, which describe the prerequisites and scope of our voluntary warranty, shall not affect the corresponding statutory warranty rights from the sales contract.
2. Warranty provider
Katadyn North America Inc 130 Cyber Court Rocklin, CA 95765 USA Phone +1 763 746 3540 outdoor(at)katadyn.com
This warranty extends exclusively to the first lawful end customer; the warranty is non-transferrable. This warranty extends exclusively to Katadyn water filters that were purchased through an authorized dealer, sales partner or an online shop belonging to the Katadyn Group.
a) Duration and beginning of the warranty
The voluntary manufacturer warranty applies to all Katadyn water filters as of the date of purchase thereof by the first end customer:
- 2 years on Katadyn water filters
b) Territorial scope
The territorial scope of this warranty includes only products that were purchased in the USA.
4. Exclusion of warranty. Original parts and components
Any products or product parts that are not listed above are not covered by this warranty. It does not cover chemicals, cleaning products, cooking utensils, pots, pans and any food items.
a) This warranty does not apply to:
- Normal wear and tear. Wear parts, which include, but are not limited to, the following: filter elements, gaskets, pump leather, water and fuel hoses, floaters and strainers, including weight.
- Improper use: defects due to improper use, as described in the manual. Improperly performed cleaning of the filter element or filter unit.
- Inappropriate maintenance: improperly performed cleaning of the filter element or filter unit.
- Installation of replacement parts or add-on components that were not originally provided for this water filter or are not compatible with it.
- Damage or malfunctions caused by accidents, improper handling or negligence
- Accidents or drop damage.
b) The warranty right shall be forfeited in the event of:
- Misuse of the product.
- Not using the product as intended or overstressing the product in a different way.
- Not following the operating manual.
- Not performing the prescribed regular maintenance.
- Any change in the components.
5. Warranty claim and provision of warranty services
In order to claim the warranty rights, please provide an original proof of purchase and contact:
- within 30 days of original purchase: the authorized dealer through which the product was purchased,
- outside of the USA: the Katadyn representative or Katadyn sales partner in your country,
- else: Katadyn North America Inc., Phone+1 763 746 3540, customer service for return instructions.
Should this be a warranty case, the defective filter or stove shall be repaired or replaced with a corresponding model. Replaced parts shall become the property of Katadyn.
Provision of warranty services shall not imply an extension of the warranty period or the establishment of a new warranty period. The warranty period for the installed replacement parts shall end with the warranty period for the entire filter.
This warranty shall under no circumstances cover the travel or shipping costs arising from delivering the Katadyn product to the dealer or to Katadyn. These costs shall be covered by the warrantee.
6. Exclusion of further or other claims
Any further or other claims, especially those relating to any compensation for damages occurring outside the filter – provided such liability is not mandated by law – shall not be accepted. Warranty claims made in a country that is different from the country of purchase can entail reasonable fees or other limitations that the warranty provider may set at its reasonable discretion.