30F Solo Quilt
Conquer any landscape with courage knowing that you’ll be warm and comfy in our Solo Quilt when you get to camp. This minimalist quilt can be tucked under you, clipped at the center, or clipped to your sleeping pad with the included strap. Super soft, extra warm, and ultralight, this quilt is a great choice for the hiker that wants it all without sacrificing anything.
Includes a Free Zpacks Roll Top Dry Bag for Storage! A $30 value!
- Constructed with DownTek water-resistant 950 fill power goose down which stays dry 90% longer than untreated down. It has C6 water repellent with no PFOA or PFOS. Our down is responsibly sourced and is 'Responsible Down Standard' Certified.
- Each compartment is overstuffed with 30% more 950 Fill Power Premium Goose Down than is necessary for maximum loft to account for any future down compression.
- Vertical baffles on the upper body keep down from migrating to the sides. Tightly spaced compartments help keep the down evenly distributed so there are no cold spots. There are no "sewn through" seams.
- Our rectangular foot box is roomy, and fits the shape of your feet comfortably when lying on your side, on your stomach, or on your back with your feet angled out in a relaxed position.
- Black fabric on the inside for quick drying. Both the liner and the shell are treated with C6 durable water repellent to resist rain spray and body moisture.
- The quilt has a flat clip at the center to help keep the sides secured underneath you. A strap is also included that allows you to clip the quilt to your sleeping pad, to help you stay on your pad at night. The strap adds +.4 oz (11 g) if you choose to use it.
- A flat clip at the top of the zipper keeps the zipper securely closed. Or use the clip alone with the zipper opened for venting.
- An Elastic cord can be cinched tight around your neck to keep out drafts, or pull the bag up around your ears. This bag does not have a hood- wear a warm hat, or a Goose Down Hood, or size up in length if you want to pull it up around your head.
- A Roll Top Dry Bag is included, and adds ~.9 ounces (25.5 grams) to the listed weight. The dry bags are a comfortable fit and can be compressed smaller by squishing the contents and rolling the top down more.
- All Zpacks gear has a two year limited warranty against defects in materials or workmanship. Please see our return / warranty policy.
A printable .pdf version is available here.
DownTek 950 Fill Power Water Repellent Goose Down
DownTek 950 Fill power goose down has a "C6" water repellent which allows it to stay dry over 90% longer than untreated down. The water repellent is PFOA and PFOS free. It is 'Responsible Down Standard' certified, ensuring that the animals are treated humanely. Goose down is a byproduct of the goose meat industry.
A printable .pdf version is available here.
Store loose (hanging in a closet for example) when not in use. Each bag has a hang loop at the foot. Alternatively it can be stored loose in a laundry bag.
Sleeping bags do not need to be washed very often. Wash once after a long season or only as needed.
Be careful of machine washing down sleeping bags. The twisting motion of a washing machine could potentially tear the shell or the internal baffles. If you do try a washing machine do so at your own risk using the delicate setting.
We recommend hand washing your sleeping bag in a bathtub with warm water and Granger's Down wash. Keep the sleeping bag in the dry bag and remove it while it is underwater so that it doesn't fill up with air. Swish the bag around for a few minutes. Drain the tub then give it another good rinse in fresh water.
Squish the sleeping bag back into the dry bag and squeeze as much water as you can out of it.
For best results, lay the sleeping bag out in the sun to dry. If the sleeping bag has a darker shell material (for example black on the inside) face the black side up to absorb more heat from the sun. You will have to periodically pull apart any wet down clumps. It may take all day to completely dry a sleeping bag, but don't worry, eventually all the clumps will be broken apart and dry and it will fluff back up better than new.
Some people use a clothes dryer with tennis balls to help break the down clumps apart, but do so at your own risk. High heat can melt delicate shell materials. Even with a dryer it can take a very long time to dry a sleeping bag. We recommend drying your down gear items in the sun, or line drying indoors if outside weather doesn't permit sun drying.
Fantastically light and warm...
Love this quilt. Very roomy, comfortable, light, and very warm. Well done Zpacks.
Quality product best materials and quality sewing Like all zpacks gear quoted sizes are exaggerated - The broad Is equivalent to most others large size No 3D baffle design - simple quilt