Peak Design Capture Camera Clip
Keep your camera close when hiking and never miss a moment. The Peak Design Capture is the most secure, convenient and accessible way to carry your camera on trail, period. Unlike a camera strap, Capture keeps your camera rigidly stable while navigating the backcountry.
Simply attach the metal clip to your backpack strap, attach the Arca tripod-compatible plate to your camera and you’re good to go. Press the lockable quick-release button to remove your camera to capture every moment on trail.
Holds well over 200 lbs. (90kg), making it strong enough for the heaviest of pro camera/lens combinations.
- The Capture is designed to hold any camera. Take your camera out of Capture and put it directly into your ARCA-type tripod with the included standard plate quick-release plate.
- Connects to any one of our backpack straps and any strap up to 2.5" (6.4 cm) wide and .88" (2.2 cm) thick.
- The versatile Capture allows you to carry binoculars, lenses, and GoPro cameras with additional plates/kits (sold separately).
- Instantly access your camera with the easy to use quick release button.
- A redundant security lock prevents accidental release to provide extra protection for your camera.
- The included Standard Plate works with most Arca-type tripods.
- The Capture allows you to lock in your camera in 4 directions, enabling easier lens changes.
- All parts are weatherproof and resist rust and saltwater.
- The Capture features an all-metal build with an aluminum alloy chassis, backplate, quick-release button and stainless steel locking pin.
- Make with an anodized finish for increased durability and smoothness.
- The embedded grip in backplate provides maximum slip resistance.
- Includes 2 sets of bolts. Thumb-drive bolts for easy clamping and unclamping Hex-drive bolts for more secure/permanent installation or thicker straps
- Lifetime warranty provided by Peak Design.
Clip Dimensions: 3.3" x 1.6" x .79" (8.3 cm x 4.0 cm x 2.0 cm)
Plate Dimensions: 1.5" x 1.5" x .3" (3.8 cm x 3.8 cm x 0.7 cm)
Clip Weight: 2.5 oz (70 g) - includes 2 thumb screws
Plate Weight: .5 oz (14 g)
Total Weight: 3 oz (84 g)
Can withstand well over 200 lbs (90 kg). Safe for use with the largest of professional cameras in during any activity or environment.
Fits any strap up to 6.4cm (2.5”) wide and 1.5cm (0.6") thick with standard thumbscrews or 2.2cm (0.88”) thick with included hex-head clamping bolts.
Works with all legacy Peak Design plates except DUALplate v1 (discontinued 2014). Only works with Pro Pad v2, not v1. Included Standard Plate is not compatible with legacy Capture models (v1 and v2).
easy on, easy off. Holds camera sturdy while scrambling rocks. Love it