Arc Zip 57L Backpack
If you want to have adventures both in traveling and hiking and crush your thru-hike with confidence in your gear, the Arc Zip is the ultralight backpack for you. The Arc Zip features a zippered front-loading panel and our adjustable and patented 'Flexed Arc' frame which creates an air gap between your back and the pack, keeping you cool and providing a super comfortable fit.
Designed to accommodate a wide variety of modular add-ons, the Arc Zip allows you to dial in your perfect set up and put you well on your way to that elusive sub-10 lb base weight.
- Constructed from 2.92 oz/sqyd Dyneema® Composite Fabric (Hybrid).
- The pack body is accessed through a large zipper opening on the face of the backpack. The zipper is a #5 waterproof zipper. The top of the pack also has a Roll-Top closure (like our dry bags) which keeps water out, and lets you roll down the top as your gear load shrinks. All seams and attachment points are taped, making the pack highly water resistant. We still suggest using dry bags for your important items like your sleeping bag.
- Two internal horizontal compression straps take stress off of the zipper entry.
- Comfy 3/8" thick by 2.5" wide padded contoured shoulder straps and padded belt. Both the straps and the belt have a daisy chain for clipping on items, and an adjustable position sternum strap is also included. The belt and shoulder straps have 3D mesh on the underside. This gives them a little bit more cushion, and the belt also has more texture for better grip.
- Side pockets are sized to fit 1 or 1.5 liter bottles. They are positioned low on the pack and slanted forward for easy access without removing the pack. The pockets have drainage holes at the bottom, and elastic that keeps them tight at the top.
- The large center pocket is made with solid material and has a waterproof zipper opening. It can swallow two ultralight tents, or other similarly sized gear with room to spare.
- Side compression straps are made from non-stretchy cord for squishing down the pack volume. They also allow you to stand tall items like trekking poles in the side pockets.
- A top strap, and base straps allow you to lash on extra items to the top or base of the pack. The straps come off if you don't need them.
- A centrally located Hydration Port is included to string out a drinking tube over either the left or right shoulder. It is just above/between the shoulder straps and it has a triangular cover to keep out water. A water bladder can either be hung from an internal hang loop or laid horizontally on top of your gear.
- The pack size has enough space for 5-6 days of food and ultralight gear. The pack can be compressed down with the roll top and side compression straps for short trips or use the top strap and base straps to lash extra stuff to the outside for long carries.
- All standard Bear Canisters, including the Bearikade Expedition and the BearVault 500 will fit in the upper half of this pack standing on end. There is enough extra girth to either wrap a foam pad around the canister (if you use one), or stand a medium stuff sack vertically beside the bear canister.<
- The short and medium size frames will fit into an airplane overhead bin with the top rolled down to the frame. The tall size frame may not fit unless you pop the vertical frame bars out of the pack.
- Our Flexed Arc Frame is covered by US Patent No. 9,060,590
- Our torso height adjustment mechanism is covered by US Patent No. 9,848,687
- All Zpacks gear has a two year limited warranty against defects in materials or workmanship. Please see our return / warranty policy.
- Made in the USA.
- Our ultralight Flexed Arc frame keeps the pack stiff so that most weight is carried on the hips instead of the shoulders. The frame pieces and mesh back panel can be easily removed or replaced.
- The frame is curved to allow air flow and keep your back cushioned from the pack's contents. You can adjust the curve by tensioning the mesh back panel. The recommended arch is about 2.5" (6 cm).
- The belt is attached directly to the bottom of the pack frame for the best load transfer.
- The belt is removable and interchangeable. If you lose weight or need to share the pack between people, the belt can be swapped out. Watch the belt removal video for more information.
- The shoulder straps and load lifter straps are attached directly to the frame. Load lifters straps come standard on this pack.
- The shoulder straps can move up or down to adjust the torso height to a perfect fit using our patented torso adjustment mechanism. It works like a conveyor belt. This is great for sharing the pack between people, for growing teenagers, or for resale.
- The belt provides a full wrap around your back. No need for additional lumbar support.
- The belt is done with "V-Style" webbing so that the top and bottom circumference can be adjusted independently. This helps wrap your hips much more securely and prevents the belt from sliding down.
- Collectively these features provide the additional load transfer necessary for loads up to around 35 lbs (16 kg).
Body dimensions: 7" x 12.5" x 30" (18 cm x 31.8 cm x 76 cm)
Volume: 57L (42L main body, 2.5L each side pocket, 10L center pocket)
Frame Height: Short 19" (48.3 cm), Medium 21.5" (54.6 cm), Tall 24" (61 cm)
.3.5 oz/sqyd Mesh
This is the mesh that we use on our backpack's center pockets. It has a relatively light weight for mesh, while being difficult to tear. It can withstand getting caught on branches and other typical abrasion that backpacks are subjected to. The hole size is a about 4 mm (a little over 1/8").
Weight: 3.5 oz/sqyd (119 g/m²)
5.3 oz/sqyd 3D Spacer Mesh
This mesh has a three-dimensional structure which allows airflow and adds cushioning. It has a tricot backing so you can't see clear through the holes. We use it on the underside of our backpack's shoulder straps and belts to absorb sweat, add cushion, and add grip. Our 3D mesh weighs less than most other types.
Weight: 5.3 oz/sqyd (180 g/m²)
Thickness: About 3/32" (2.5 mm)
To measure your torso height, you will need the help of a friend and a string or cloth tape measure.
Most hikers wear their belt near the top of their hips, however, it isn’t uncommon for hikers to position their belt higher or lower.
To ensure you lock in the perfect fit, we suggest putting a belt on over your clothes in the spot where you’d like to belt to ride. Start your measurement at the center of the belt where it meets your spine.
Lower your chin towards your chest. This will cause the C7 vertebrae to protrude at the base of your neck. The C7 vertebrae will mark the top of your torso height measurement.
Using the string or cloth tape measure, follow the curve of your spine up from the center of your belt to your C7 vertebrae. This measurement is your torso height.
To measure your belt size, pull a string or cloth tape measure tight around the spot you’d like your belt to ride. Choose a belt with a minimum adjustment of a couple inches smaller than your actual waist measurement. This will leave room for you to tighten down the belt if you lose a little weight on trail.
The belts on our Arc Series packs are also removable and interchangeable. This will give you the ability to switch the belt out if your waist size changes.
The belt on this pack is removable and interchangeable. It can be swapped out.
- shoulder straps
Great service great product
Excellent experience ordering the product. High quality pack and delivered sooner than expected.
Arc Zip 57L
Would be 5 stars, but received the wrong pack when delivered. Customer service was great with the return and sending the correct pack. I really like the zip feature of this pack. Ably to access all items without having to unpack everything.
The perfect Ultralight backpack for Scouts
I wanted find an ultralight backpack for my son. I purchased the Arc Haul Zip and loved it so much I purchases the Arc Zip for my 11 year old son. When researching backpacks I wanted something that had an adjustable torso so he has room to grow. Most of the ultralight backpacks on the market don’t have an adjustable torso. I like the fact that you can adjust the torso so he has room to grow. If he grows out of it he can use mine. I also liked you have extra small belts that can fit kids. The belt allows for a perfect and comfortable fit. Your pack is a perfect fit for him. He likes that you can open up the main compartment and see everything he has without having to pull everything out of the pack. The light weight allows him to enjoy our backpacking trips more. Thank you!!!
You can't get anything better for that price!
Excellence: Ark Zip 57 liter
I am a backpack guy. In the army I used the alice pack and the mollie pack. I have a backpack for every occasion. My wife has had very little backpacking experience. We both agree the zpack backpacks are great, very comfortable and easy to use. So far, I find that these are well put together. As far as comfort is concerned, this pack is a class act. Multiple adjustments make contouring this to your body an easy thing to do. I purchased the 1 liter pouches. Although they are difficult to access when they are on the belt, they are good for first aid and other items not needed all of the time. I also purchased the lumbar pad. Very helpful in adding to the comfort. With it being so light weight, I was able to make a few modifications and still keep the pack under 2 lbs. I added a ***** pack to it. It can be worn in the front as well as on the shoulder strap. I sewed some paracord loops on the adjustment straps to make minor adjustment easier. Also, the shoulder straps come with handy and well sewn loops that make attaching extras very easy. Very happy with this purchase, well worth the money.