Arc Air 50L DCF Backpack
From those grueling east coast ascents to long water carries across the desert, the Arc Air is a durable pack designed to be the ultimate combination of simplicity and function.
Featuring custom Curved Carbon Fiber Air Stays, the Arc Air creates a gap between your back and the pack without the need for a mesh back panel. The frame transfers weight to your hips, keeping the weight off of your shoulders and providing a comfortable fit.
Featuring adjustable shoulder straps, an interchangeable belt, and a variety of optional modular add-ons, the Arc Air is sure to become your pack of choice.
- Constructed from 3.1 oz/sqyd Dyneema® Composite Fabric Hybrid.
- Curved Carbon Fiber Air Stays create a gap between your back and the pack without the need for a mesh back panel. The air gap helps keep your back cool while also preventing items from rubbing against you while hiking.
- The roll top closure keeps water out, and lets you roll down the top as your gear load shrinks. The buckles can be clipped to each other for simplicity, or they can be clipped to the side compression straps to squish down your gear load further. The side compression straps allow you to stand tall items like trekking poles or an umbrella in the side pockets, or they can be detached if not needed.
- All seams and attachment points are taped, making the pack highly water resistant. We still suggest using dry bags for your important items like your sleeping bag.
- Large stretchy Lycra mesh center pocket is great for quick access items. Mesh also lets you dry wet clothing and gives you a clear view of your gear.
- Comfy 3/8" thick by 2.5" wide padded contoured shoulder straps and padded belt. Both the straps and the belt have a daisy chain for clipping on items, and an adjustable position sternum strap is also included. The belt and shoulder straps have 3D mesh on the underside. This gives them a little bit more cushion, and the belt also has more texture for better grip.
- Side pockets are sized to fit 1 or 1.5 liter bottles. They are positioned low on the pack and slanted forward for easy access without removing the pack. The pockets have drainage holes at the bottom, and elastic that keeps them tight at the top.
- A top strap, and base straps allow you to lash on extra items to the top or base of the pack. The straps come off if you don't need them.
- The 50L pack size has enough space for 4-5 days of food and ultralight gear. The pack can be compressed down with the roll top closure straps for short trips or use the top strap and base straps to lash extra stuff to the outside for long carries.
- All standard Bear Canisters, including the Bearikade Expedition and the BearVault 500 will fit in the upper half of this pack standing on end. There is enough extra girth to either wrap a foam pad around the canister (if you use one) or stand a medium stuff sack vertically beside the bear canister.
- The short and medium size frames will fit into an airplane overhead bin with the top rolled down to the frame. The tall size frame may not fit unless you pop the vertical frame bars out of the pack.
- The sides and front of the pack feature a variety of loops for attaching optional add-ons like our top side pockets, shock cord lashing, and ice axe loops.
- Our torso height adjustment mechanism is is covered by US Patent No. 9,848,687
- All Zpacks gear has a two year limited warranty against defects in materials or workmanship. Please see our return / warranty policy.
- Made in the USA.
- Our ultralight Curved Carbon Fiber Air Stays keeps the pack stiff so that most weight is carried on the hips instead of the shoulders. The frame pieces can be easily removed or replaced.
- The frame is curved to allow air flow and keep your back cushioned from the pack's contents. The arch is about 2.5" (6 cm) deep.
- The belt is attached directly to the bottom of the pack frame for the best load transfer.
- The belt is removable and interchangeable. If you lose weight or need to share the pack between people, the belt can be swapped out. Watch the belt removal video.
- The shoulder straps and load lifter straps are attached directly to the frame. Load lifters straps come standard on this pack.
- The shoulder straps can move up or down to adjust the torso height to a perfect fit using our patented torso adjustment mechanism. It works like a conveyor belt. This is great for sharing the pack between people, for growing teenagers, or for resale.
- The belt provides a full wrap around your back. No need for additional lumbar support.
- The belt is done with "V-Style" webbing so that the top and bottom circumference can be adjusted independently. This helps wrap your hips much more securely and prevents the belt from sliding down.
- Collectively, these features provide the additional load transfer necessary for loads up to around 35 lbs (16 kg).
Body dimensions: 6" x 12.5" x 29.25" (15 cm x 31.8 cm x 74 cm)
Volume: 50L (37L main body, 2.5L each side pocket, 8L center pocket)
Frame Height: Short 17" (43 cm), Medium 20" (51 cm), Tall 23" (58 cm)
Made with Bio-Based Dyneema® Fiber
Reduce your carbon footprint with DSM’s bio-based Dyneema® fiber technology. Sourced from renewable, bio-based feedstock, it is the first ever bio-based ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene (HMPE) fiber. Commit to sustainability and help reduce our reliance on fossil fuel resources and rely on the trusted performance of the world’s strongest fiber™. Click here to learn more about our sustainability initiatives.
Made in the USA.
5.3 oz/sqyd 3D Spacer Mesh
This mesh has a three-dimensional structure which allows airflow and adds cushioning. It has a tricot backing so you can't see clear through the holes. We use it on the underside of our backpack's shoulder straps and belts to absorb sweat, add cushion, and add grip. Our 3D mesh weighs less than most other types.
Weight: 5.3 oz/sqyd (180 g/m²)
Thickness: About 3/32" (2.5 mm)
To measure your torso height, you will need the help of a friend and a string or cloth tape measure.
Most hikers wear their belt near the top of their hips, however, it isn’t uncommon for hikers to position their belt higher or lower.
To ensure you lock in the perfect fit, we suggest putting a belt on over your clothes in the spot where you’d like to belt to ride. Start your measurement at the center of the belt where it meets your spine.
Lower your chin towards your chest. This will cause the C7 vertebrae to protrude at the base of your neck. The C7 vertebrae will mark the top of your torso height measurement.
Using the string or cloth tape measure, follow the curve of your spine up from the center of your belt to your C7 vertebrae. This measurement is your torso height.
The padded portion of the belt is 1" shorter than the listed minimum adjustment. For example a "Medium (30-45 inches)" belt has padding which measures about 29" tip to tip, has a minimum adjustment circumference of 30" and a maximum adjustment of 45"
To measure your belt size, pull a string or cloth tape measure tight around the spot you’d like your belt to ride. Choose a belt with a minimum adjustment of a couple inches smaller than your actual waist measurement. This will leave room for you to tighten down the belt if you lose a little weight on trail.
The belts on our Arc Series packs are also removable and interchangeable. This will give you the ability to switch the belt out if your waist size changes or if you order the incorrect size by mistake.
Click here for full instructions on how to wash our Dyneema® Composite Fabric backpacks.
- Belt Pouch
Everybody took great care of me helped me out and provided sensible solution that was more than equitable.
Ordered on 22 March 21 when lead time was 2-3 weeks. Received Arc Air, Small Dry Bag, and DCF Belt pouch on 22 April 21. 4 weeks from order to delivery. Inquired at the 3-week mark on status and Zpacks responded back that it would be another week - spot on update. Initial impression of the pack is - AWESOME! Ordered a Tall torso / Med Belt and the torso height / size of the belt were good (I'm 6' 6", 225 lbs). The belt fits great, but I would personally prefer the padded portion to wrap further around so the belt pouch could sit further forward. Just something you can't tell for sure until you put it on. Fit, finish, color (Army Green), buckles, etc. were perfect. I immediately loaded it up with my gear that I had been carrying in an old Kelty 50L. Easy to load, everything fit perfect and the pack felt awesome on my back. Base gear w/ 2-days of food came in at 16 lbs even on the scale - it's crazy how light and comfortable this pack feels. Love how sleek it looks loaded....no extra ****....just what you need. Only reason I give 4-stars is because I haven't been able to try it out on trail and the belt pouch is not one hand zip friendly. Will update the review w/ pics & comments after I put it through a couple of hikes coming up. Thanks Zpacks!