Cutting Guy Lines:
Guy lines are pre-cut and attached for you. Linelocs are sewn in place for
adjusting the lines. If you choose to switch out your lines for a different cord
these are the default lengths:
Peaks (2x) - Cut 102 inches (259 cm) and tie a stake loop at 40 inches (102 cm).
The long end attaches to the tent and the short end attaches to the door hooks.
Side Walls (4x) - 54 inches (137 cm)
Corners, bottom of walls (6x) - 34 inches (86 cm)
- Adjust your two trekking poles to around 48 inches (122 cm).
- Give your corner guy lines some slack. Stake out all four corner guy lines
at a 45 degree angle, roughly straight off the corner points.
- Insert the front trekking pole outside the screen with the handle at the
peak and the tip in the ground. Stake the front line.
- If the peak is too high, tighten the front corner lines. If it is too low,
- The corners of the tent should be about 6-8 inches (18cm) off the ground.
- Insert the back trekking pole the same way and stake it out.
- If the walls are not smooth, adjust the position of your corner stakes.
- Stake the wall tie outs. You can stake the three wall tie outs on each
wall independently, or run all three to a single stake.
Any of the four doors can be clipped down, or rolled up independently.
Leave at least one down-wind door open for air flow unless the weather is very bad.
All Zpacks shelters have taped seams and bonded tie outs! No seam sealing necessary.