Hexamid Pocket Instructions
Cutting Guy Lines:
36 feet of Spectra cord is included. Cut Guy lines to the following lengths, singe each end w/ a lighter,
then tie a 2 inch (5 cm) loop at both ends. The guy lines can be looped on to the tent tie outs. Linelocs are not required, but if you do add them cut the lines a bit longer.
Front center - (1x) - 54 inches (137 cm)
Front and back corners (4x) – 29 inches (73 cm)
Back center (1x) – 24 inches (61 cm)
Back walls (2x) – 46 inches (117 cm)
If this is a tent, cut four 7 inch (18 cm) pieces to tie to the zipper pulls.
- Adjust your trekking pole to around 48 inches (~122 cm)
- Stake out one of the front corners. There is a label on one front corner to make it easy to find.
- Pull the other front corner guy line tight, then give it about 14 inches
(36 cm) or so of slack and stake it out. The distance that you come back with
the stake determines the peak height of the shelter.
- Insert your trekking pole with the handle at the peak of the tarp. If you
angle the pole just a little bit it will stay standing up easier during setup.
- Stake out the front main guy line. The front corners of the tarp should be about 6-8 inches (15+ cm) or so off the ground.
- Stake out the back center guy line.
- Stake out the back corners, and back wall guy lines. The tarp should be about 6-8 inches (15+ cm) off the ground all the way around.
If you have trouble getting a good pitch try playing around with the following:
- The distance apart of the two front corner stakes when you first lay out the
- The length and angle of the trekking pole.
All ZPacks shelters have taped seams and bonded tie outs! No seam sealing necessary.