Cutting Guy Lines:
Guy lines are pre-cut and attached for you. Linelocs are sewn in place for
adjusting the lines. If you choose to switch out your lines for a different cord
these are the default lengths:
Front center (1x) - Cut 102 inches (259 cm) and tie a stake loop at 40 inches
(102 cm). The long end attaches to the tent and the short end attaches to the
Walls (cut 4x) - 54 inches (137 cm)
Corners, Back Center (cut 5x) - 34 inches (86 cm).
- Adjust your trekking pole to around 48 inches (122 cm). If you expect your
pole tip to sink into the ground, add a couple inches to compensate.
- Give your corner guy lines some slack. Stake out all four corner guy lines
at a 45 degree angle, roughly straight off the corner points.
- Insert your trekking pole with the handle in the pocket at the peak,
outside of the tent screen. Stake the front line.
- If the peak is too high, tighten the front corner lines. If it is too
low, loosen them.
- Stake out the back center tie out.
- If the walls of the tent aren't smooth you may need to reposition the
corner stakes or adjust the lines tighter.
- If the back corners are too low, loosen the back guy lines, and tighten
the main peak line to pull the front of the tent down and raise the back up.
It should be about 6-8" (18 cm) off the ground all the way around.
- Stake out the four wall tie outs.
The storm doors can be clipped down to the front center guy line, or rolled up
depending on the weather. Leave at least one door open for air flow when
possible unless the weather is very bad.
All Zpacks shelters have taped seams and bonded tie outs! No seam sealing necessary.